Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're going through this with Gertrude, I agree this sounds like an obstruction of some sort. She may have eaten something she found that you don't know about. The best thing is to have a vet assess her to be safe. My Dozer loves to eat sweat socks and has done so on 4 occasions. Each time he was able to either throw it up, or poop it out, but he did show signs of obstruction on one occasion. We took him to the vet and they did an X-ray, gave him a laxative and sent him home for us to observe. He did pass the sock later that night. The signs of obstruction to watch for are drooling water from the mouth, vomiting, a d or diarrhea, and lethargy. I hope Gertrude is okay, and feels better soon. Please keep us updated on what the vet says. Sending love, hugs and prayers.

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
image.jpg

Here at the vet -- they did an X-ray and it looked mostly normal. They think it's probably gastroenteritis but they're gonna do a parvo check to rule it out. They're gonna keep her overnight on IV fluids and antinausea meds and do a new X-ray in the morning.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, I'm glad she's at the vets and in good hands. Hopefully it's a virus and with medication and IV fluids, she will feel better soon and back to her old self. I'll be watching for an update on how she's doing. Feel better sweet girl.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I Pray Gertrude will get better. Sending Love and Positive Thoughts for Precious Gertrude.

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
Thankfully, it's not parvo. Preciate all the good vibes and advice, everybody. Going to get her early in the AM.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 85842

Here at the vet -- they did an X-ray and it looked mostly normal. They think it's probably gastroenteritis but they're gonna do a parvo check to rule it out. They're gonna keep her overnight on IV fluids and antinausea meds and do a new X-ray in the morning.

How is your sweet girl this morning? Any news

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
No blockage. Official dx is inflamed intestines. Feeling much better after the IVs. She's still not eating but she's well enough to go home with us. Bland diet and some meds for a few days and she should be right as rain!

image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No blockage. Official dx is inflamed intestines. Feeling much better after the IVs. She's still not eating but she's well enough to go home with us. Bland diet and some meds for a few days and she should be right as rain!

View attachment 85855

:whew: great news... give her hugs from us!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10521]forza[/MENTION] So happy to hear that Gertrude is going to be okay. Glad all worked out and it's an Easter gift for you!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good news that it doesn't seem to be a blockage and she gets to go home. Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery for Gertrude!

Most Reactions