Help! Gertrude is sick.

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
Hey everyone,

So Gertrude started throwing up early this morning and wouldn't eat or drink anything. She has been laying around listlessly all day (see the pic). Normally, she's very active. She has vomited up yellow bile maybe 8-10 times and still won't eat or drink anything. This kind of popped up out of nowhere; yesterday, she was as chipper as always.

Unfortunately, we're visiting my in laws in a tiny two-stoplight town and won't be home until tomorrow night. Is there anything I can/should do to get her to eat/drink or make her feel better until Monday morning when I can get her to the vet?

Also, if it helps with any advice, she eats Fromm salmon a la veg and has been doing just fine on it.

Thanks!

image.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You need to get het to a vet ASAP maybe an emergency vet in the closest city, this isn't good. Im sorry its happening.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I agree with Dolphin; I would take her to the nearest emergency vet. The fact that she's listless plus vomiting is very concerning. Do you think she might have swallowed something she shouldn't have?

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
She does have a penchant for rooting around outside, so that's certainly possible. I'll see about finding an emergency vet around here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree... she needs to be seen by a vet. Bile vomit is that he stomach is empty but her system is trying to expel something... could be a blockage. has she poo at all?

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
Not today, no. And when she does vomit she kind of acts like a cat would in hurling up a hairball--a little bit of dry heaving beforehand.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not today, no. And when she does vomit she kind of acts like a cat would in hurling up a hairball--a little bit of dry heaving beforehand.

UGH... can you find a vet to have her checked?

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
Yeah I'm probably gonna do that. Closest emergency vet is 75 miles away. We're on it!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah I'm probably gonna do that. Closest emergency vet is 75 miles away. We're on it!

Please keep us posted! sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs!

OP
forza

forza

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertrude
Update: she just pooped for the first time today right before we went to leave and it was liquid and looked maybe bloody. I hope that doesn't indicate something serious. Guess we'll know soon.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: she just pooped for the first time today right before we went to leave and it was liquid and looked maybe bloody. I hope that doesn't indicate something serious. Guess we'll know soon.

as others have stated... that adds to the suspicion of blockage

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.