Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending hugs to Blue & Y'all, so difficult knowing they hurt :(

Prayers that his tail heals asap and no more issues for Blue.

Like...forever! Sending love to all :)

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] Blue is my problem child (dog). I think there's always going to be issues with him. We've just accepted it :pouting: ...

I wanna call it bad breeding but other than one other bullie in the litter, I don't think anyone else in the litter has these issues. According to their owners, everything's fine.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have no idea why these people thought it was a good idea to touch him. But then again, I was no better.. took me awhile to make them stop.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] i had to read simple cephalexin about 5 times before realizing it was simplicef. was gonna call my vet and ask for a script.. yeah, i'm very slow lately.

I didn't know they were the same. I meant to say "the common human antibiotic Cephalexin" which is really cheap especially when filling at Costco. 5.99 plus tax.

I learned something new today!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I didn't know they were the same. I meant to say "the common human antibiotic Cephalexin" which is really cheap especially when filling at Costco. 5.99 plus tax.

I learned something new today!!

Ooops, I thought Simplecef was short for Simple Cephalexin - I was wrong. But Cephalexin and Simplecef are both Cephalosporins so maybe SimpleCef (trademark name) is just short for that.

I don't have a Cosco near me. But I paid $143.55 for 21 Simplicef 200mg tabs. If you ever wanna get ripped off, come to NY city :pissed: .

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
$143! Wow!! My regular vet is very good about writing prescriptions for me or calling them in to my local Kroger. It has saved me a fortune being able to go to a pharmacy instead of buying them from the vet. I haven't asked my bully vet about doing that yet and luckily the few drugs I have had from him have been very reasonably priced.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ooops, I thought Simplecef was short for Simple Cephalexin - I was wrong. But Cephalexin and Simplecef are both Cephalosporins so maybe SimpleCef (trademark name) is just short for that.

I don't have a Cosco near me. But I paid $143.55 for 21 Simplicef 200mg tabs. If you ever wanna get ripped off, come to NY city :pissed: .

how is Blue doing today... any improvement?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
how is Blue doing today... any improvement?

Yes!! Much better. But he seemed to be better after we left the hospital. That night, when we went to clean him, no problem at all. The day before just touching his tail made him cry out.
Chris and I are all sorts of confused. We've been scratching our heads wondering what's going on. Just glad he's better.

Thanks for asking.

Most Reactions