On Our Way to the Vet Hospital..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Diagnosis is very infected tail pocket. She put him on Simplicef, and I was told to clean it out 2-3 times a day with mal-a-ket wipes. She said it's a mix of bacteria and yeast.

He let her get near it so I'm hoping he lets us clean it tonight. Either way, we need to get it under control as fast as possible.

HOLY CRAP!! I so hope it heals up quick. as you know, they are angels for the vet, but when it comes to Mom, it will be a different story, UGH.

so sorry he is not any better

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dear Blue getwell.jpgWe are sorry that you have a sore butt! Be a good boy for Mommy,and take your meds.

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Oh poor baby Blue, as if it's not hard enough to clean the bum, but when it's sore it's darn near impossible. Good luck and Get Better Blue!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Thanks everyone..

We were in the hospital waiting room, sitting on a bench. I let Blue jump on and cuddle to me because he's a very nervous dog, and just couldn't stop panting.

Every few minutes someone would walk over and touch him. Either his head, or try to rub his chin. It's a veterinary hospital, we're there for a reason. I mean he's panting like crazy, obviously not feeling well.
Whenever someone stuck their hand out to pet him, he'd try to squirm away.

I finally put one arm around him and my other arm would go up in stop gesture if I saw someone reaching for him. He finally started to calm down. He definitely does not like strangers touching him when he's not well.

Im sorry but that should be common sense, I'm human and I sure don't like people touching me when I'm not feeling good. Hope he heals ups quickly and feels better really soon? Poor guy :(

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Poor Blue, i hope he feels better soon! I'm sure it's just as hard on you. :(

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I Pray for a Speedy Recovery for Blue. Give this Precious Boy a Kiss and Hug from me and Elmo.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.

@2BullyMama Chris picked him up and put him on the table, then held him like vet techs do. I was able to clean it without a fight. He didn't make a sound. Huge difference from yesterday. It was dirty, but not as bad as I expected it to be. I wonder if the vet cleaned it out earlier today? hmm..
Or, maybe our first vet was right and it was a sprain and now he's feeling better? I don't know what to think anymore- very confused.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he feels better soon, poor boy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just now reading this… sorry to hear about poor Blue. I hope that he feels better soon :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Speedy recovery!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When Orion's tail pocket is infected....she will not let me touch it. Normally she loves her tail pocket cleaned. Her butt starts to wiggle when the mal-a-ket wipes come out.
We have a prescription that we keep on hand in case of an infection....simple Cephalexin. Within the first day of the antibiotics she shows signs of improvement.

They probably did a swab test to determine what type of fungus was growing in there. If they said infection I would guess infection. He might also be sore from everyone sticking their fingers in the tight little space.

Good luck!

Ps.....I wouldn't want people trying to touch me either. Who does that now a days? They should know better than to touch a dog without asking permission first. Vegas would have snapped at them.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hope it clears up real fast so Blue can feel better<3

I would personally never touch a dog I don't know without asking first, especially in a situation like that. What is wrong with people?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have no idea why these people thought it was a good idea to touch him. But then again, I was no better.. took me awhile to make them stop.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] i had to read simple cephalexin about 5 times before realizing it was simplicef. was gonna call my vet and ask for a script.. yeah, i'm very slow lately.

The reason I chose this specific vet is because she specializes in orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. She did all the procedures on Blue and Wellie. So when my vet said sprain, I thought maybe there was something more to it since it wasn't healing and decided to see her.
I don't believe she did a culture. Just went in, cleaned it out and from experience said it was infected. She told me they were searching for Blue's Dermatologist to get another opinion but he was nowhere to be found.

She was pretty sure of her diagnosis though so I guess we'll see.

Members online

No members online now.