On Our Way to the Vet Hospital..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's tail isn't any better, in fact it's worse. He won't let go anywhere near it and makes the saddest sound when we've touched it.

Called the animal hospital here and the vet who did his palate/neuter will see him in an hour.
Was really hoping to avoid this, but his regular vet hasn't helped and it's just gotten worse.

You can see he's in pain by the way he's acting. My poor little guy, my heart just breaks for him. He can't catch a break.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Poor Blue... I really hope they get him some meds to heal him up quickly. Prayers to you guys!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor baby, positive healing thoughts coming our way...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for your Blue to heal and feel better soon!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sending hugs and prayers for Blue. Please update as soon as you know anything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Blue, I hope heals quick and feels better soon. I hope the vet is able to clean it up and start him on some meds that will clear it up. Sending love, hugs and prayers he is back to himself soon. Please keep us posted on what the vet said.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 137
OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Diagnosis is very infected tail pocket. She put him on Simplicef, and I was told to clean it out 2-3 times a day with mal-a-ket wipes. She said it's a mix of bacteria and yeast.

He let her get near it so I'm hoping he lets us clean it tonight. Either way, we need to get it under control as fast as possible.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ouch! this is so painful, poor little guy. Hoping the medication will help him and he'll get some relief asap.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone..

We were in the hospital waiting room, sitting on a bench. I let Blue jump on and cuddle to me because he's a very nervous dog, and just couldn't stop panting.

Every few minutes someone would walk over and touch him. Either his head, or try to rub his chin. It's a veterinary hospital, we're there for a reason. I mean he's panting like crazy, obviously not feeling well.
Whenever someone stuck their hand out to pet him, he'd try to squirm away.

I finally put one arm around him and my other arm would go up in stop gesture if I saw someone reaching for him. He finally started to calm down. He definitely does not like strangers touching him when he's not well.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Blue - I hope the meds will help quickly. Good thing you fended off people trying to pet him!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor baby. I hope the meds work soon and he is feeling better. I never touch a dog unless I have the owners permission. He really didn't need extra stress. Give him hugs and kisses from me and my boys

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online