ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter had another eye checkup today… the eye ulcer is slowly healing. We will continue the eye ointment until he has his inner lashes removed. I have noticed the last couple of days (especially w/the warmer weather) that Wally sounds stuffed up. I talked to vet about his nares and she agreed that he would benefit having his nares widened. She told me that both surgeries could be done at the same time… and once again she assured me that she takes extra precautions w/bullies.

So whenever Ray comes back, we will go ahead and have these procedures done… :( Ugh I just don't know how I feel about this, honestly the thought of it makes me ill :bad:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Sorry you have to go through this. I have the same thoughts with the neutering stuff and the nares which the doctor suggested for Harvey.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Omg Tracey, I understand this is scary for you. I will start praying right now until Wally gator is safely back home! We are all here for you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
my stomach did a flip when I read the thread title.... so sorry, i wish it did not have to be -- we are all here and will be praying and sending LOTS of love to you all

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I hate it. But we have to do what's best for them to live the best life they can. It sucks, and the stress is unreal. But you have a great vet, and all of us praying & supporting you. I just know Wally will be fine & he'll come out better than ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I was like Christine when I read the title, and I'm sure you are scared too but I will be praying like Rosalie until Wally comes home safe and better

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ugg... Don't know what to say. I hope and pray that when the time comes all goes well.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter had another eye checkup today… the eye ulcer is slowly healing. We will continue the eye ointment until he has his inner lashes removed. I have noticed the last couple of days (especially w/the warmer weather) that Wally sounds stuffed up. I talked to vet about his nares and she agreed that he would benefit having his nares widened. She told me that both surgeries could be done at the same time… and once again she assured me that she takes extra precautions w/bullies.

So whenever Ray comes back, we will go ahead and have these procedures done… :( Ugh I just don't know how I feel about this, honestly the thought of it makes me ill :bad:

Dont do the surgery, if the eye is healing albeit slowly its stll healing and unless shes an English Bulldog expert, I dont know. The eyes healing that's all that matters. :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm sure he will be fine and come through this with fly colors.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Dont do the surgery, if the eye is healing albeit slowly its stll healing and unless shes an English Bulldog expert, I dont know. The eyes healing that's all that matters. :up:

I understand what you are saying, but the eye ulcer wasn't caused by his lashes… it happened when he was with other doggies at the dog sitters and they were all playing. The lashes keep irritating his eyes, he keeps pawing at his eyes… and yes I can put ointment on them but they are NOT going to go away. If she pulls them they will grow back… it's honestly a NO win situation. I do consider her a bully expert because several times I have seen bulldogs in the waiting area to see her, plus she owns an EBD. I can't let Walter suffer because of my fears… and I can't let the past keep me from moving forward :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I understand what you are saying, but the eye ulcer wasn't caused by his lashes… it happened when he was with other doggies at the dog sitters and they were all playing. The lashes keep irritating his eyes, he keeps pawing at his eyes… and yes I can put ointment on them but they are NOT going to go away. If she pulls them they will grow back… it's honestly a NO win situation. I do consider her a bully expert because several times I have seen bulldogs in the waiting area to see her, plus she owns an EBD. I can't let Walter suffer because of my fears… and I can't let the past keep me from moving forward :(

I have no doubt she's an experienced bully doctor, I'm just super nervous. I know it will work out. I love Walter like he's mine and want nothing but the best for him and you.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have no doubt she's an experienced bully doctor, I'm just super nervous. I know it will work out. I love Walter like he's mine and want nothing but the best for him and you.

I know that you do, and I appreciate it :heartsign: I'm super nervous too, and believe me if there was ANY other possible option I would go for it… :fie:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm nervous for you... :pray2:
But I also think it wouldn't hurt to do his nares while he's under. The nares are actually very easy to do. I would also have her check his palate.
I mean if he has to go under, you might as well have everything looked at and done in one shot.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm nervous for you... :pray2:
But I also think it wouldn't hurt to do his nares while he's under. The nares are actually very easy to do. I would also have her check his palate.
I mean if he has to go under, you might as well have everything looked at and done in one shot.

She is going to check his palate while he's under, but as of right now I don't believe it's an issue. Might as well get everything checked out all at once...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You know when the time comes(and starting now) we will all be on "pins and needles" but praying the most that we can for little Wally, and his family!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.