Joint Sup w/o Chicken

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
hi all - looking for a good joint supplement to get frank started on.

would do nujoint but he can't have chicken. what is a popular alternative? I've done some searching here, and googling, but still see so many options.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
You know - Tyson didn't do well with Chicken (kibble) but he does fine with Nujoint. I guess the amount of chicken is minimal compared to full meals of kibble? Then again, I know all babies are different.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
that's what I was wondering too! Doing my food research last night i noticed quite a few of the Fromms have chicken cartilage in them. but it's one of the last ingredients so I was wondering if it was still okay to give to frank. I still ended up going with lamb and lentil which is completely void of chicken.

hmmm.... can anyone else weigh in on this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The chicken liver in Nujoint or Nuvet is not a concern to pets with chicken allergies, I forget why but I will call and ask. My girl is bad bad BAD on chicken in dog food but nuvet doesn't make her itch, and she gets both supplements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
great news!! thank you !!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
great news!! thank you !!

Madie, Looks like it is different because it is organ meat, which makes sense.

I got an e-mail back from the regarding the chicken, here is what they said:

Lisa

The reason that dogs with chicken sensitivity (we spoke to a dermatologist veterinarian and he said they are not allergic but just sensitive) is that it is only the organ meat. He explained that the sensitivity comes from all of the by-products of chicken…the beaks, feet, feathers & skin that have been exposed to pesticides, feces, and everything else in their environment. The organ meat has not been exposed to any of these outside things.

With that said, if someone says their pet is allergic to chicken, we recommend that they break the wafer in half and then break it again. Give ¼ wafer in the am and ¼ in the pm for a week. If there is no reaction, they can give ½ in the am and ½ in the pm for another week…then up to just one wafer whenever.

Hope this helps.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
that is great information. thank you for taking the time to do that! [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

ordering both supplements when I get home :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.