Floyd's getting neutered today!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Feeling a little antsy this morning while waiting to drop Floyd off at the vet. I know I'm going to turn in to a big baby when I get there. I actually started crying once when someone else was dropping there dog off for surgery. Only because the mom started crying as she was on the floor telling the dog she promised she would come back for him, it was a touching scene. Our vet office doesn't specialize in bulldogs but I like them a lot, or specifically the one we see on a regular basis and just like the office staff as a whole. I know he will be in good hands but it doesn't seem to make it any easier dropping him off. I had a snooze on the couch with him after they came out of their crates so I could get some good snuggles in.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Prayers for you & for Floyd - That all goes smoothly & perfectly, and he's back home and resting in no time! :pray:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Good luck to Floyd! Im sure hell be just fine and back in your arms shortly! (just without his manly parts lol!)

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank was almost named Floyd! Love the name.

I'm positive things will go well for you. Frank was also neutered by a non bulldog vet, but she went over the entire procedure and said they make sure to stay in the room while they wake up and keep the tubes in for the flat face breeds. That made me feel better.

although I was confident he would be fine, I still cried when I dropped him off too... when they took him back, he stopped to look back at me with his little sad face, it was too much to handle!

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Floyd doesn't like to be away from Lola, he cried the whole way there, broke my heart. And yes as soon as they had to take him to the back I started to cry, they were very supportive (as usual). I had expressed my concerns ahead of time and was also assured they are aware of any issues that could arise and a tv would be with him at all times ready to intervene at the first sign something wasn't right. So I know in my heart I left him in good hands. Basically I'm just a big baby where my pups are concerned.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Feeling a little antsy this morning while waiting to drop Floyd off at the vet. I know I'm going to turn in to a big baby when I get there. I actually started crying once when someone else was dropping there dog off for surgery. Only because the mom started crying as she was on the floor telling the dog she promised she would come back for him, it was a touching scene. Our vet office doesn't specialize in bulldogs but I like them a lot, or specifically the one we see on a regular basis and just like the office staff as a whole. I know he will be in good hands but it doesn't seem to make it any easier dropping him off. I had a snooze on the couch with him after they came out of their crates so I could get some good snuggles in.

Good luck to Floyd. I am at your heels in regards to neutering Harvey. Still debating when.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Leslie, sending love, hugs and prayers for Floyd that everything goes well for his surgery and he's home recuperating soon. I know how you feel, it's so hard to let them go and we worry about the anesthetic, but if you have faith and trust in your vet he will be in good hands and he will be fine. I had Dozer neutered when he was 7 months old and Blossom spayed at the same age, and they both did well and recovered quickly. The hardest part after surgery was trying to keep them quiet and not jumping up and down from things. They acted like they never had surgery. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank was pretty effected by the anesthesia looking back. he whimpered and did this sad little whine for almost 24 hours after the surgery. he was fine physically, just a little confused and disoriented I'm sure. :excited:

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
So far so good. I just talked to reception and she said the procedure went well and Floyd and sleeping peacefully with a Tech keeping him company. I will find out in about 3 hours if he can come home or needs to sleep it off a bit more.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry I am just seeing this now. I am happy floyd is out of surgery and doing well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So far so good. I just talked to reception and she said the procedure went well and Floyd and sleeping peacefully with a Tech keeping him company. I will find out in about 3 hours if he can come home or needs to sleep it off a bit more.

happy to see all went well... hope he is home with you and snoring away next to you

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Floyd is home and doing great. He was so excited to see me that he peed from one end of the reception room to the other. Him and Lola were so happy to be back together. Very lost without one another.We have to keep a close Eye on them though as Lola keeps putting her face in that area and I'm a little concerned as they get caught cleaning eachother all the time. Going to sleep with him tonight so I can hear if he is trying to lick or bite at it. Incision looks great, hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for all of the well wishes, Floyd and I both really appreciated it.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Speedy recovery for Floyd!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
happy that Floyd is A-ok! Yes, watch Lola, as she will want to lick it,too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.