Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 40

Thread: Eeek!!!

  1. #1
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Eeek!!!

    I'm sitting on couch with Joey and I see a bump on her butt, I start to look closer and it looks like a zit so I squeeze it a little AND A WHITE WORM POPS OUT OF IT!!! I'm seriously grossed out found another bump next to the old one and squeezed out a second worm!!! Pure panic from my side... husband calls a friend that once told him about this and he said it's completely harmless mango flies. Not harmless for my sanity NOBODY told me of **** like this when I moved here... I think I have the right to know these things!!! Apparently they also like to go sit in the clothes when they hang outside to dry and then they follow with inside, lays eggs in your clothes... and the rest I guess you can figure out yourself

    Tomorrow off to the vet to see if there is anything I can bath her with in case there are more Poor Joey I feel so sad for her, it must be awful I hope it was just those two... cant find more...

    I can NOT stop scratching myself and I itch all over I can't handle this, it's disgusting!!!

    How am I going to sleep tonight???

    Do you have these in other countries?
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  2. Likes dolphin liked this post
  3. #2
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.

  4. #3
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    I'm "EEK-ing" along w/you @Petra!!

    Worms of all shapes and sizes freak me out and if i were to find one crawling out of my dog's flesh...I would seriously pass out!!!




  5. Likes dolphin liked this post
  6. #4
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.
    omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!




  7. #5
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!
    HAHA, that's so gross!

  8. #6
    Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    423
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)
    330

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!


  9. #7
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY


  10. #8
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    This would of been me:--------------> <-----------in that order.

    I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
    Let us know what the vet says.


  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #9
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,896
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3559

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    mango flies are exclusive in Africa. Sorry.
    Hug your bully today

  13. #10
    Dog Park Attendant buffym's Avatar
    Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Allen Park, Michigan
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)
    238

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    OMG that is disgusting!! I would be freaking out!!

  14. #11
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    This would of been me:--------------> <-----------in that order.

    I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
    Let us know what the vet says.
    Will do, I'm hoping she's got something... for my peace of mind... I might consider using it on myself too


    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY
    Hate the larva type of worm, it's really really gross. The two rescue dogs we had pooped solid worms when we got them from the SPCA, I nearly puked when picking it up


    Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!
    I'm not over it... trying to eat right now but it's hard I'll shower in alcohol tonight


    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!
    Wow, that's rough yeek!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.
    That's bad, seriously don't like flies... I can understand now why ppl here use those things that sprays out a poison in the house that kills insects... I wouldn't use it though, I'm to scared it is harmful... I mean how can it not be? I rather deal with a maggot once in a while... I think...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  15. #12
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Eeek!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    mango flies are exclusive in Africa. Sorry.
    Great... just my luck gonna have to read up a bit on those horrible little pests...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •