Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Eeek!!!

I'm sitting on couch with Joey and I see a bump on her butt, I start to look closer and it looks like a zit so I squeeze it a little AND A WHITE WORM POPS OUT OF IT!!! I'm seriously grossed out found another bump next to the old one and squeezed out a second worm!!! Pure panic from my side... husband calls a friend that once told him about this and he said it's completely harmless mango flies. Not harmless for my sanity NOBODY told me of **** like this when I moved here... I think I have the right to know these things!!! Apparently they also like to go sit in the clothes when they hang outside to dry and then they follow with inside, lays eggs in your clothes... and the rest I guess you can figure out yourself

Tomorrow off to the vet to see if there is anything I can bath her with in case there are more Poor Joey I feel so sad for her, it must be awful I hope it was just those two... cant find more...

I can NOT stop scratching myself and I itch all over I can't handle this, it's disgusting!!!

How am I going to sleep tonight???

Do you have these in other countries?
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

2. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eeek!!!

I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm "EEK-ing" along w/you @Petra!!

Worms of all shapes and sizes freak me out and if i were to find one crawling out of my dog's flesh...I would seriously pass out!!!

5. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.
    omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!
    HAHA, that's so gross!

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This would of been me:--------------> <-----------in that order.

I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
    Let us know what the vet says.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

mango flies are exclusive in Africa. Sorry.
    Hug your bully today

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

OMG that is disgusting!! I would be freaking out!!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    This would of been me:--------------> <-----------in that order.

I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
    Let us know what the vet says.
    Will do, I'm hoping she's got something... for my peace of mind... I might consider using it on myself too

Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY
    Hate the larva type of worm, it's really really gross. The two rescue dogs we had pooped solid worms when we got them from the SPCA, I nearly puked when picking it up

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!
    I'm not over it... trying to eat right now but it's hard I'll shower in alcohol tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Wow, that's rough yeek!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    That's bad, seriously don't like flies... I can understand now why ppl here use those things that sprays out a poison in the house that kills insects... I wouldn't use it though, I'm to scared it is harmful... I mean how can it not be? I rather deal with a maggot once in a while... I think...

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    mango flies are exclusive in Africa. Sorry.
    Great... just my luck gonna have to read up a bit on those horrible little pests...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads