Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
No amount of baths could make me feel any better if that happened to me! AHHHH. That is by far MY WORST FEAR. Bugs that crawl into you or attach themselves to you. In California, we lived at the base of a mountain (about ten minutes or so). I always heard about ticks, had seen pictures, know all about them, right???? Well I had never seen one before. Never!

We move to Tennessee....Goob walks out front to potty, squats, looks up, and his lip looked a little funny. I thought it was a piece of dirt so I grabbed it to see what it was. IT WAS A TICK!!!!!! I threw it into the street screaming at the top of my lungs and doing the "grossed out dance." It was horrible. Horrible.

Haha, never seen a tick before Tennessee:giggle: you're lucky:) Ticks don't scare me unless they carry other diseases, it's a bit rough if they are full and break when you take them off though. I think this disgusts me cos it's new and I didn't know anything about it... I'll get over it... I think:unsure:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys think I should delete it? I don't want anyone to get sick..

I have to say that on Joey it didn't look that bad... it was like a small bump, much like a zit, and when I pressed around it the larva just popped out... there was only one in each "zit". I'm gonna have to look closer on her today in daylight so there isn't more:fie:

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
i scrolled so fast by that video!! thank you for the warning hah, and just noticed I've been scratching at my hand. oh goodness, I don't do well with creepy crawlies. I don't want human children, but I've already become so much more 'motherly' just from having frank. wiping crevices I never thought I'd have to wipe on a dog. powdering him and singing to distract him while i powder him. worrying about him ALL THE TIME :) Still not sure if I could squeeze worms out of him though, you're a strong woman petra.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
************WARNING******************

**********NOT FOR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS!********************************

If anyone's wondering what they look like, scroll down for a video.

I have no problem with the video. I have seen several other version. However, each time I watch, my body starts itching.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
i scrolled so fast by that video!! thank you for the warning hah, and just noticed I've been scratching at my hand. oh goodness, I don't do well with creepy crawlies. I don't want human children, but I've already become so much more 'motherly' just from having frank. wiping crevices I never thought I'd have to wipe on a dog. powdering him and singing to distract him while i powder him. worrying about him ALL THE TIME :) Still not sure if I could squeeze worms out of him though, you're a strong woman petra.

I didn't really imagine myself doing things like this either... I think you could do it if it was necessary:tongue: I've picked out pieces of chewed tree bark from Joey's butt when it was stuck so she couldn't poop it out, I've taken out stitches on all of them, I've put bandage on a pitbull who's flesh was gone from her front legs so the bones stuck out, I've even had my arm in a cows a$$ when I was younger, lol. Have dealt with quite a lot of crappy stuff over the years but I think this was the worst:fie: it's something I'd have nightmares about, yeek.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This would of been me:-------------->:yell: :barf: :faint:<-----------in that order.

I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
Let us know what the vet says.

DITTO!!! While running in the other direction!!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Omfg!!! Im dry heaving at all these posts! But [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] I know what you mean. I never thought I could do some of the gross things that comes along with ahving a bully or at least my bully anyways. But dear god. I hate maggots with a very strong passion. SO nasty!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.