Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm sitting on couch with Joey and I see a bump on her butt, I start to look closer and it looks like a zit so I squeeze it a little AND A WHITE WORM POPS OUT OF IT!!! I'm seriously grossed out:scared: found another bump next to the old one and squeezed out a second worm!!! Pure panic from my side... husband calls a friend that once told him about this and he said it's completely harmless mango flies. Not harmless for my sanity:fie: NOBODY told me of **** like this when I moved here... I think I have the right to know these things!!! Apparently they also like to go sit in the clothes when they hang outside to dry and then they follow with inside, lays eggs in your clothes... and the rest I guess you can figure out yourself:wtf:

Tomorrow off to the vet to see if there is anything I can bath her with in case there are more:yuk: Poor Joey I feel so sad for her, it must be awful:*( I hope it was just those two... cant find more...

I can NOT stop scratching myself and I itch all over:blink: I can't handle this, it's disgusting!!!

How am I going to sleep tonight???

Do you have these in other countries?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm "EEK-ing" along w/you [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION]!! :bad:

Worms of all shapes and sizes freak me out and if i were to find one crawling out of my dog's flesh...I would seriously pass out!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I once had a hamburger I was eating and set it on top of an old fridge when I was working on in the garage and literally within minutes hose flies had laid eggs on it..I would never had noticed except they were flying around it when I grabbed it and it had little white things on it. Maggots and flies are all over the world I'm pretty sure though.

omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
omg, you just reminded me of this time when i was absolutely famished and i reached into this drawer, found a bag of peanuts, put a handful into my mouth and when i looked at the package, found the nuts covered in maggots and worms...I spit out the contents of my mouth and would've swished w/bleach if it was within reach!!! YUK!!!

HAHA, that's so gross! :bad:

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY :no:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This would of been me:-------------->:yell: :barf: :faint:<-----------in that order.

I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
Let us know what the vet says.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
This would of been me:-------------->:yell: :barf: :faint:<-----------in that order.

I haven't had anything like this happen (yet).
Let us know what the vet says.

Will do, I'm hoping she's got something... for my peace of mind... I might consider using it on myself too:tongue:

OH MY! Yeah I agree, you handled it way better than I would have! Heck I scream and run to the other room if I so even see an ANT in my house! When I got a shar pei/bulldog puppy a few years ago we had got her off CL (ugh) she was never dewormed. It disgusted me and I freaked out anytime I had to pick her poop up and see those worms!! I had a bulldog breeder living down the street from me and luckily at the time she had a bunch of stuff to cure that. OH BOY :no:

Hate the larva type of worm, it's really really gross. The two rescue dogs we had pooped solid worms when we got them from the SPCA, I nearly puked when picking it up:fie:

my skin is crawling! ACK!!! I would have lost it i think. you handled it better than I would have!!

I'm not over it... trying to eat right now but it's hard:mellow: I'll shower in alcohol tonight:tongue:

Wow, that's rough:scared: yeek!!!

That's bad, seriously don't like flies... I can understand now why ppl here use those things that sprays out a poison in the house that kills insects... I wouldn't use it though, I'm to scared it is harmful... I mean how can it not be? I rather deal with a maggot once in a while... I think...:tongue:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Great... just my luck:( gonna have to read up a bit on those horrible little pests...

sorry Petra, I have seen the video on youtube and the hair on my arm just stood up when they were squeezing the puppy's paw to extract it. Needless to say, it was disgusting.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh my word - this is freaked me out. I would have ran clear across the room screaming. Yuck Yuck Yuck... poor Joey baby. I hope you find something to keep those away from him!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Just read up a little on Mango flies... they lay their eggs in soil or damp clothes hanging out to dry and then when a host to comes along they crawl in under their skin. Joey must have been sitting in soil:(

They advise people that lives in areas where mango flies are present to either machine dry clothes or iron them well. I do neither:fie: They say you can also wait a few days before you use clothes that were hanging outside. I'm going to dress naked from now on:ashamed:

There isn't anything to do about it really, if you get it you can put Vaseline on it which causes it to come out cos the air supply is cut... nice... if you have it bad you might need antibiotics to help you recover but normally it isn't needed. Joey seems fine, thank goodness:) I'm just gonna have to keep an eye on her and when I wash their beddings I need to make sure it's completely flippin super dry before bringing it inside for them.

Might have to cut down some mango trees tomorrow...;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.