probiotics?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has been on so many antibiotics at such a young age, Iā€™m worried about his gut flora and the good bacteria. I know how important it is for his immune system and whatnot.

I havenā€™t spoken to my vet about this yet, but Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d like to start giving something to frank.

I donā€™t want to to do yogurt anymore since Iā€™m unsure if dairy was a trigger for his last sickness. i have done a little research on probiotics for dogs but would like advice from someone who is actively using it on their bully.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
The sooner the better, in my opinion. I use probiotics in pill form. It's human grade and I just crush it mix it in to their food. I also sometimes give them fresh Sauerkraut, not the canned type. And if they're on antibiotics I douple the dosage.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I give Winnie Fortiflora. It's the one my vet carries, but I save a LOT of money buying it from Chewy.com. Winnie never had any issues except for some loose stools several months ago when I started giving it to her. That cleared up the loose stools and I decided to just keep giving it. I take probiotics, so why not the dogs. My vet says probiotics are really good for dogs.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I give the boys Kefir every morning in their breakfast. Usually about 1 1/ tablespoons.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
plain greek yogurt - 1 tablespoon a day

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We give Harlea powdered probiotics daily. She also gets coconut yogurt twice a day.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes probiotics are important especially since he has been on antibiotics. FortiFlora is a good one to give and the sooner the better.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
ordering now! thank you all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.