*HELP* 4 MONTH OLD ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPY HAS INFECTION IN TAIL POCKET!

Cbakke268

Mar 29, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali and Asia
I noticed our 4 month old English bulldog puppy has pus and like pinkish liquid coming out from under her tail. Last week we gave her a bath and dried her up good but I think she must have still had moisture under her tail and that's what caused the infection? What should I do now? It's Sunday and no vets are open :( is it a serious condition or easily treated? Please help! Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does sound like puss and infection, I would clean it with some witch hazel or peroxide and top with some ointmemt or diaper rash cream until you get to the vet tomorrow. Please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does sound like puss and infection, I would clean it with some witch hazel or peroxide and top with some ointmemt or diaper rash cream until you get to the vet tomorrow. Please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed -- clean it up, ointment and vet tomorrow

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, I hope he feels better soon. I agree with Lisa and 2BullyMama. Clean it well, dry it and put cream on it until you can see the vet. I don't have any experience with cleaning tail pockets because my guys don't have one, but there are a couple of great videos on the forums by Lisa and Ellie on this topic. I'll post the links for you.

English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog: What is a Tail Pocket?

English Bulldog News Forums - The Proper Way to Clean Ears, Nose Ropes, Folds, Paws, Tail Pockets and Vulva

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.