Thread: Morning vomit passing out

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Morning vomit + faint (video)

Oh yeah I meant to say that Lola eats homemade baked sweet potato fries for treats even tho she's on raw

sent from my droid mini

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Morning vomit passing out

Great to meet you Tracey! Like everyone else with s bulldog, we get stopped all of the time but I'm super thankful with connected with Ray and found this place! Everyone seems so helpful. I hope we will have the chance to give back to the community over time.
    We appreciate all of the help!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Morgan View Post
    Great to meet you Tracey! Like everyone else with s bulldog, we get stopped all of the time but I'm super thankful with connected with Ray and found this place! Everyone seems so helpful. I hope we will have the chance to give back to the community over time.
    We appreciate all of the help!
    Ray gets a little obsessed w/meeting every bully that we see… Lol You are already helping us out here on EBN by sharing your story of Rosie… I hope that her issues can get resolved soon. Please keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Thanks! Great to connect with such an awesome group.

5. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

We recently had Memphis back to the vet for the same problem again. His breathing has been a little funny too, so they did x-rays again to make sure he didn't have pneumonia. He had bronchitis, and apparently both are common with the enlarged esophagus. Our vet switched him from Pepcid to Prilosec about a week and a half ago, and that seemed to help him quite a bit. He still has a little gagging/coughing, but it appears to have slowed down significantly, and no episodes where he gags and passes out. I showed him your video so he could see what happens, and he thinks it's related to the enlarged esophagus and the acid reflux that goes with that. If you haven't switched meds yet, you may want to talk to your vet about an acid reflux pill (like Prilosec). Hopefully Rosie is doing better.

Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

We were back at the vet again today. Memphis had a seizure late yesterday afternoon and another one this morning, peeing himself both times ... once on the couch and the second time in our bed. He's not eating and lethargic. There's apparently a muscle that runs along a bulldog's esophagus, and now the theory is (after vet did some research), it's "common" with megaesophagus for that muscle to get irritated when they start gagging and can't catch their breath. When they briefly pass out, it's a good thing, because it relaxes that muscle (and their esophagus) and helps them to catch their breath and regain consciousness. Memphis was also diagnosed with mild kidney failure a couple of years ago, and late last year they found a tumor on his spleen. The most recent x-rays revealed the tumor has grown slightly, and today they said his one good kidney (while still functioning), is slowly declining. I'm not asking for advice, just using this forum as a sounding board in attempt to regain some sanity after a tough day. We don't have kids, we have a bulldog! He's always been our #1 priority and a Mommy's boy (even though Daddy thinks he's a Daddy's boy).

8. Likes nycbullymama, bullmama, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Mama View Post
    We were back at the vet again today. Memphis had a seizure late yesterday afternoon and another one this morning, peeing himself both times ... once on the couch and the second time in our bed. He's not eating and lethargic. There's apparently a muscle that runs along a bulldog's esophagus, and now the theory is (after vet did some research), it's "common" with megaesophagus for that muscle to get irritated when they start gagging and can't catch their breath. When they briefly pass out, it's a good thing, because it relaxes that muscle (and their esophagus) and helps them to catch their breath and regain consciousness. Memphis was also diagnosed with mild kidney failure a couple of years ago, and late last year they found a tumor on his spleen. The most recent x-rays revealed the tumor has grown slightly, and today they said his one good kidney (while still functioning), is slowly declining. I'm not asking for advice, just using this forum as a sounding board in attempt to regain some sanity after a tough day. We don't have kids, we have a bulldog! He's always been our #1 priority and a Mommy's boy (even though Daddy thinks he's a Daddy's boy).
    I can't tell you how sorry I am… poor baby boy I wish that I had words of encouragement to give you, but I've never dealt w/those issues w/my dogs. Of course we are always here for you to vent… or just to receive support. I hope that Memphis starts to feel better, please keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Natalie @Memphis Mama I am so sorry to hear about your mommy's/daddy's boy.... big hug from all of us and give Memphis one too.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Morning vomit + faint (video)

I'm so very sorry to hear your baby is not doing well, I cannot imagine how sad you are, I am praying for Memphis and for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking of Memphis and you, @Memphis Mama. Please give your baby boy a big hug and a kiss from us.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Mama View Post
    Natalie- reading your post broke my heart.
    Please, please start a thread on Memphis.
    If you need to use this forum as a sounding board, then by all means do it! We're all here for you and will support you as best we can.

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry you're going through this with your baby. We don't have any skin kids eather, my boys are my world, so I can imagine how understand your feelings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads