My bulldog looks skinny

Laceysbulldog

Mar 29, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I need some advice my bulldog looks very skinny and I'm really worried can some one help please image.jpg. image.jpg
There a picture also when he breathes in it goes like it's popping in and out I can't explain it properly that picture is when he breathes in

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This would probably be better if you posted it in Bulldog Health. Maybe a moderator will be along to move it. I don't know how to tag otherwise I would! Good luck. (Where in the UK are you? I am from Lincs)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Your baby does look thin… what is he eating?!! I will tag some of our members living in the UK to give you food advice...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This would probably be better if you posted it in Bulldog Health. Maybe a moderator will be along to move it. I don't know how to tag otherwise I would! Good luck. (Where in the UK are you? I am from Lincs)

To tag any member, go to the top of the page and hit the tag users (green button)… you then type in a name and the name will appear at the top of the page.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome! He does look thin... being in UK - I think James Well Beloved is a good food to look into

Bendy

Feb 23, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Hi, first of all what food are you feeding? I'm having similar problems, what I've found with mine is chicken makes him loose weight and he does better on 3 meals a day rather than two. When I say three he has his morning meal and then a small amount for dinner and then his tea, I leave a good 5 hours between each meal, I've found this has helped. I wouldn't advise changing his food unless it's causing allergies you could always try adding some natural yogurt to the food.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Have you tried increasing his food and he just won't gain weight? You could try peanut butter or yogurt as a treat and to put some weight on him, but if it was a sudden, drastic weight loss and you think his breathing is strange, you should probably head for the vet.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
What does your vet think about his weight? Buttercup has a similar figure but a smaller waist and two vets have explicitly told us we should keep her at this weight. She is smaller than most EBs -- weighs 34 lbs. However, she gains weight if I give into her begging and feed her extra food. Vets gave me the impression that the classic cylinder-shaped EB is not a healthy body type, but maybe it depends on the dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.