Large red bumps on boss's eyelids

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
a little while ago boss had a big red lump on his right eyelid. almost like a pimple, bug bite, or cyst but larger. The vet said because of his age and the location they did not want to remove it to do a biopsy but to keep and eye on it and let them know if there were any significant changes. Fortunately that lump went away. Recently I noticed he now has a new one on his left eyelid. This one has a large dark red center almost like a bite....Im not sure what they are, if they are normal, or if its something to be concerned about. Has anyone seen anything similar? of course due to the fact they are on his eyelid as close to his eye as possible it makes them more sensitive and harder to get a good long look at since he doesnt have a large attention span....

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
let me see if i can get him to sit still long enough...ill be back in a few

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
although i cant believe i got him to sit for these, and they do not do any justice to the actual bump above his eye (i did not want to use a flash on my camera so close to his eyes/face)...the lump is above his left eye...im pretty sure you can see it....its pink in the pictures but pretty red and irritated in real life...i cant imagine it isnt causing some sort of discomfort. I just want to make sure that its not something to worry about. It is like a giant pimple and or bug bite with a very dark red center. Its also being covered with his hair which also makes it hard to photograph

209.jpg216.jpg208.jpg203.jpg

again, thanks for any input

Attachments

• 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 122
OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
if you click on them to enlarge its a little easier to see the bump

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
although i cant believe i got him to sit for these, and they do not do any justice to the actual bump above his eye (i did not want to use a flash on my camera so close to his eyes/face)...the lump is above his left eye...im pretty sure you can see it....its pink in the pictures but pretty red and irritated in real life...i cant imagine it isnt causing some sort of discomfort. I just want to make sure that its not something to worry about. It is like a giant pimple and or bug bite with a very dark red center. Its also being covered with his hair which also makes it hard to photograph

View attachment 85351View attachment 85349View attachment 85352View attachment 85353

Looks like he could have been bit by a bug or spider. This happened to Banks once, her eye swelled up a bit and it seemed like she had a rash all around the eyebrow. I cleaned it with witch hazel on a cotton pad and put some hydrocortisone on it and gave Benedryl to lessen the swelling and to stop her from rubbing it. I'd keep close watch on it, any change and to the vet to make sure it is not something more serious.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

View attachment 85351View attachment 85349View attachment 85352View attachment 85353

You know Tyson gets those around one eye only from time to time. I know he wasn't bit, bc he's indoor, and when hes out, we are watching him like a hawk. I think it for us its allergy related. He whole eye will get kinda red around, and he'll get a small bump. I usually just clean very carefully with wipe & witch hazel, and apply neosporin to the edge. I have to do it with a q-tip as to not get any in his eye - it will go away in a day or two for us. Just keep it clean, add some neosporin if you have any and keep an eye on it. Just to make sure it doesn't get any worse!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online