ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Took Wally in for his re-check on his eye ulcer… it's still there so she wants to do the meds for ANOTHER week!!! :bang: Well honestly he'll be getting eye meds daily till he has his surgery, but OMG it takes two people to hold him down to give him his eye meds. If anyone has suggestions on this, I'm all ears…

He's also started shaking whenever I take him to the vets now… it's so crazy, he used to LOVE going to the vets!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor little guy, I don't know how to do the eye drops. Buster will lay down at Maggie's feet and let her do anything if she tells him too but with me he just acts like a Tasmanian devil. I hope he gets used to going to the vet, he's scared of being poked and prodded.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I wish I had advice. When Blue had his cherry eye surgery, it also took two of us to give him the eye meds.

The vet thing I'm not so sure about. Hopefully the memory will fade and he'll get it over it. If not, just bribe him with really good treats, like the special kind he'd never normally get.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor baby... Harlea shakes anytime we get her collar and harness out but stop when we get in the car. As for what you can do... Maybe have Lily close by with one of his favorite treats or toys when it is time to do the drops?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
poor baby boy, how his eye gets better soon.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh Wally, I just wanna hug you. Tyson used to LOVE the vet too, and he still does in the waiting room etc, but once they call us back, he starts the backwards pedaling. LOL - only if they try to take him alone, he must have flash backs of the barium, xrays, ultrasounds, surgery. My poor baby boy, but if we go with him, he tends to be "ok" - he keeps looking back to make sure we are still following. Hah. Prayers for Wally to start feeling better, and maybe be a little more cooperative with his eye drops. Stubborn even though its all done in love to help them feel better!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
oh no. Walter is developing the vetphobes.

My advice, constant supply of treats while at the vet.

I guess I'll have to load up on the special treats… Lol :p

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
It takes two of us to mess with Abbotts eyes or face since all his eye woes.We try everything possible.We lay him down and rub his belly etc.No bueno

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH... so sorry he is getting better! I can't help either, Banks was so strong it took two of us with a handful of treats to keep her steady to do anything and Cheli... well, he takes off whenever i open the 'doggie' cabinet :stinkeye: so it is always a sneak attack for him

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGH... so sorry he is getting better! I can't help either, Banks was so strong it took two of us with a handful of treats to keep her steady to do anything and Cheli... well, he takes off whenever i open the 'doggie' cabinet :stinkeye: so it is always a sneak attack for him

I should video tape him… he squeezes his eye shut SO tight when he see's the bottle and tube. It takes two hands to peel his eyelids apart… :stinkeye:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aw, shame poor Walter<3 Joey is the same, I cannot do eye drops on her, it's impossible. I can though get cream in, I put it on the top of my finger and then I surprise her by just smother it in the corner of her eye:blush2: If she sees the tube or bottle it's game over for me, lol.

Maybe take him on road trips to the vet sometimes when he doesn't have an issue?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aw, shame poor Walter<3 Joey is the same, I cannot do eye drops on her, it's impossible. I can though get cream in, I put it on the top of my finger and then I surprise her by just smother it in the corner of her eye:blush2: If she sees the tube or bottle it's game over for me, lol.

Maybe take him on road trips to the vet sometimes when he doesn't have an issue?

You know he's FINE going in the car, in fact he seems to LOVE car rides. As soon as he realizes it's the vets, then the drama starts… last time I literally had to drag him into the office!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
You know he's FINE going in the car, in fact he seems to LOVE car rides. As soon as he realizes it's the vets, then the drama starts… last time I literally had to drag him into the office!!!

It's the same with Boeboe, but she's the one that most often are the cause of the trip... Bennie is super happy at the vet cos he just tags along most of the times:)

Members online

No members online now.