Need a vet in Toronto who is experienced with English bulldogs- We have a hind end issue that has not be solved

christine1717

Feb 6, 2015
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Trevor
Our lovely rescue Trevor has had hind end issues since we got him.

We have his many allergies under control, his anal glands are fine, he does not have any bugs of any sort and we have tried a number of topical creams and sprays....but he is very itchy on and around his tail and there can be red marks etc.

We need a good vet in Toronto or close to that to see if they can figure it out. We have been to the vet many times and with no resolve.

Could someone suggest a good and preferably reasonably priced vet. We will travel a bit for one also. He has been suffering with this for some time...

:(

Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any of these near you?

~CANADA~

Brookville Veterinary Clinic
11280 Guelph Line RR 1
Campbellville, Ontario
L0P 1B0
905-854-2216
www.brookvillevet.com

The Animal Clinic
106 Mutal Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5B 2R7
416-868-1545
www.theanimalclinic.ca

Guelph Animal Hospital
110 Gordon St
Guelph, ON
519-836-2782
http://guelphvet.ca/contact-guelph-v....rEVzcweH.dpuf

Dr. Jim Standish
ALPINE ANIMAL HOSPITAL
10H KEENLEYSIDE ST
WINNIPEG, MB R2L 2B9
Canada
204-661-9090
www.alpineanimal.vetsuite.com

Healing Paws Vet Clinic
Port Moody, B.C, Canada
Healing Paws

Staples Animal Hospital, 377 Commissioners Road W
London, ON N6J 1Y4
(519) 472-9301

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

We have his many allergies under control, his anal glands are fine, he does not have any bugs of any sort and we have tried a number of topical creams and sprays....but he is very itchy on and around his tail and there can be red marks etc.

We need a good vet in Toronto or close to that to see if they can figure it out. We have been to the vet many times and with no resolve.

Could someone suggest a good and preferably reasonably priced vet. We will travel a bit for one also. He has been suffering with this for some time...

Thank you

hi Christine, I love my vet in Mississauga. It is called Heartland Pet Hospital

Heartland Pet Hospital Mississauga, Ontario

I have also heard really good things about this Toronto Vet Office

Queen West Animal Hospital | Veterinarian Toronto Ontario

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hello! i lived downtown toronto for many years, and we took Lola to two different places. The first was a very inexpensive animal hospital, bathurst and dupont. We got lola spayed there for under $400, but when it came to her allergies and skin conditions AND her palate, they failed to diagnose. Plus no A/c in the waiting room. no no.

Our second and highly recommended vet is Dr Richardson at the animal clinic. This is near Ryerson Univ in the dundas/yonge area.
The Animal Clinic
106 Mutal Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5B 2R7
416-868-1545
www.theanimalclinic.ca

He was really informed, and was clearly able to (ugh hate comic sans here) diagnose and explain all the treatment options for us wrt her skin allergies and her palate. They referred us to the VEC for the palate surgery and a tooth extraction not because they couldn't do it there, but becuase the VEC surgeons were the best in Toronto. He never made me feel like I was a crazy bulldog owner. And we ended up treating the skin itchies with a low dose of a steroid. He also will allow me to get scrips at my local pharmacy which in many cases saved me money. The steroid unfortunately is only vet approved. They charge a little more, but the service is excellent. In addition, I would call to get months worth of pills for Lola to have on hand, particularly when we moved back to the states late last year and he set us up with no questiosn or hassles.

There is a second vet in Guelph, Fleming is her name. she raises bulldogs, but I've never met her. If i had not found Dr. Richardson, i would have driven to guelph to go to Dr Fleming.

Lucyinthe6ix

Nov 29, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy

Thank you

Hi there
We are also from Toronto Canada. We are looking for a good vet that has bulldog experience. Just wondering if you have any luck? Or know any vets in Toronto.
Thanks

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I know this probably isn't feasible, but my vet in Ottawa has been amazing with both of my bulldogs for the past 6 years - if you feel like the drive.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.