Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love:heart:those pictures, and that Frankie is home where he belongs!! You NEED to frame that first picture. He loves his mommy, for sure!! Welcome Home, Frank!!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
29d7qe0.jpg

Must be nice to be out of that little cage at the vet hospital!

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
Thank Goodness you're okay Frank!!!! Madie- did they look into the possibility of pancreatitis? Sending positive vibes your way!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad that your Frankie Boy is Home with You, Wonderful News, the picture of both of you is Great, Frank looks so happy to be home with his Mom.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank Goodness you're okay Frank!!!! Madie- did they look into the possibility of pancreatitis? Sending positive vibes your way!

yes that was something that was brought up early on but ruled out during ultrasound and bloodwork.

the vet still wants us to monitor for anything out of the ordinary, since inflammatory bowel has not been 100% ruled yet.

glad to report that he is now passing nice firm stools. still on baby food for a few days... beef and sweet potato. 3 jars 3x a day. will be adding kibble in soon. pepcid 2x a day. benedryl when needed, which I am using sparingly because it turns him into zombie dog.

he is noticeably skinner. He was always at an ideal weight. he's a small guy... so a loss of 3-4 lbs is a pretty big deal for him. Hoping he doesn't lose too much more in the next few days.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Just read through the whole post, must have been terrible for you, so good to see it has a happy ending!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Well... Fate intervened yesterday. I went to open up franks new bag of Canidae and noticed several puncture marks in the package. Food was leaking out of them. Not sure what happened if it was damaged during shipping or if some mice got to it, but the whole bag has been tossed out. I feel fortunate to have found several strores around here who carry Fromm, so I got a small bag of lamb and lentil to try. I will add kibble to his baby food today and see how he takes it!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Maybe that last bag was damaged too and the food had went bad, who knows...great to hear that he is doing better and I hope he'll do well on Fromm!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.