Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so happy to hear some good news. Never think you post too many updates, because we all worry. Every pup on here is one of "ours" and we want to know what is going on, and hear all the updates. We also are concerned for the parents,too. It does help to know when others understand how we feel when our kids are sick-cause alot of people think it's crazy. We don't because we all feel the same! This is the "support' group for all of us!!! Something I've needed and never had!! Hugs for Frank!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That's a great update. Hopefully this really is a one time event.

Aside from the canidae, what else were you giving him? Any supplements?

He gets VitaCoat Plus, and he was getting yogurt.

I wanted to do Nuvet but it has chicken (correct?) and I'm fairly certain we've pinpointed a chicken allergy in frank.

she still wants us to continue with the canidae salmon and mackerel, but I don't ever want to go through this again, I am willing to throw the canidae out and try something new. Fromms grain free beef possibly.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank god Frank is improving. Never apologize for posting updates. I spent my vacation checking on Frank. [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] is right, we consider all these dogs "ours" and the owners, family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH... so happy there is no obstruction and he is getting better! thank you so much for keeping us posted -- as others said, we all become more worried without the updates of our extended family members.

hugs to you all!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Wow! I miss a week of EBN and OMG, so sad this happened, but SO glad he's better! What a roller coaster of emotions.The little chunk has quite a large fan club!:awh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Happy about Precious Frank that his test came back fine and no obstruction, Praying for this Sweet Baby, and sending Love Always.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
May be atleast that bag of Canidae should be thrown away, maybe it was a bad batch?

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We got sent double as well, I only ordered one bag and was sent two bags of canidae, so I do have an unopened bag here. But still just uneasy about it, I'll be sure to triple check with the vet.

anyway, we are heading to the vet at 8am today, I will finally get to meet the vet that has been so wonderful through this entire thing and hopefully bring frank home! She wants to meet with us and go over everything and make sure we're prepared to move forward. I can't wait to see frank :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We got sent double as well, I only ordered one bag and was sent two bags of canidae, so I do have an unopened bag here. But still just uneasy about it, I'll be sure to triple check with the vet.

anyway, we are heading to the vet at 8am today, I will finally get to meet the vet that has been so wonderful through this entire thing and hopefully bring frank home! She wants to meet with us and go over everything and make sure we're prepared to move forward. I can't wait to see frank :)

YEAH!! :jumping: :wiggle: :wiggle:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Such wonderful news that it wasn't an obstruction and you get to see Frank today! Hope he continues to improve so that he is back to his old self soon!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I just got back to work. what an experience! he was SO happy to see us when he came in the room. never seen so many butt wiggles. even his little stump tail was going back and forth. he looks so good... exact opposite of the puppy I dropped of on tuesday morning.

I did not take any pics unfortunalty! I will tonight when I get home I promise. he was trying to get down and play with us in the waiting room. and when we left all the vet techs lined up and gave him a grand exit of belly rubs and butt pats. they were all so happy to see him going home. and he just jaunted right out of there like a movie star of course lol.

he still had not had a bowel movement when we picked him up, but no one is surprised as he is very picky out where he poops. oh wait... well I just got word that he did poop when my boyfriend got him home, he said it was white and like soft serve ice cream (barium). still not surprised. sadly his face was broken out so it looks like he may have a beef allergy as well… but we will continue the baby food and sweet potato diet for several days and slowly mix in kibble. I got some benedryl to hold him over until then. also got pepcid which he will be getting twice a day.

we are going to open up a new bag of our canidae kibble when it’s time. The vet told us that bagged food only has about a 4-5 week shelf life once it’s opened so often those large bags will go bad. I had no idea… we buy larger bags because they are cheaper, but we will no longer be doing that. I will do anything to not go through this again!!

can’t wait to get home and hang out with him. I will update with pics later :) thanks again everyone.

vet bill ended up being $1,100 and I spent $600 and $120 respectively on the other visits for this ordeal. ahhh... life with a bulldog :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.