cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I hope you are getting some much deserved and needed rest tonight, [MENTION=13682]madie4589[/MENTION]. Thanku for the very encouraging update on Frank. Praying that he will continue to improve. Hopefully in the coming days you will get more details on Frank's condition and answers to your questions. It sounds like he is in very good hands though.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Go Frankie! Keep on improving,boy, that is what we WANT to hear!! :yes::pray:

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
Just read through this thread and first I want to say sorry I didn't know soon. Sending all the prayers and well wishes to make up for the missed days. Reading through this thread has been equal to an intense novel!

SO happy to hear you got little Frank to a vet that clearly cares and goes the extra mile. She sounds wonderful! I'm so happy Frank is on the way up, and you're finally starting to get some answers. Please keep keeping us posted!

You go Frank! Stay strong dude!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Update: No bowel movement yet. They fed him again this morning and she said they did do a 'theraputic barium' to hopefully help move things along. There is still that mass of fluid in his intestine that's got Her concerned.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Fingers crossed...he's in good and caring hands.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have two things I want to discuss with her when she calls back. inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

I really should stop googling things. But those both sound like possibilities at this point. praying for neither.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@madie4589 :pray::pray:Praying so hard for your little Frank. Hope with all my heart that the vet will have some GOOD news for you.......

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have two things I want to discuss with her when she calls back. inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

I really should stop googling things. But those both sound like possibilities at this point. praying for neither.

Thanks for the updates on Frank - I've been checking every so often. I really hope the therapeutic barium helps! Poor baby... don't be too afraid of IBD, alot of bullies have it. Its definitely something that would require work to control with diet & meds, but its not anything that would be really bad, per say. And yes, stay off Google, its evil! According to Google, we're all dying of some kind of disease, LOL - continue to stay positive, I hope we are nearing the end and get a diagnoses soon!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry hon… still sending prayers for Frank, and Thanks for the updates!!! We are still here for you guys!!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
update again: barium moved through just fine. no obstructions. sac of fluid in intestines was thought to be suspicious but upon further inspection has been deemed a non-issue. I can’t remember if she said it was gone or not.

he has been fed and is keeping everything down just fine. now just waiting for that bowel movement. she’s not too concerned that he hasn’t passed anything yet. considering how empty he was, it will take some time to form a stool. and she’s also happy that the food hasn’t just came right out in another explosive diarrhea episode.

she addressed my two other concerns of inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

she said absolutely not lymphangiectasia, that has very specific characteristics and she would’ve been able to tell from the ultrasound/xrays. she is not ready to jump to inflammatory bowel disease just because this came on so quickly and seems like an acute event. she’s not sure if it was just a reaction so something bad he ate, or a virus I did not give him time to recover from. I feel badly that I kept trying to get him to eat different things, which probably added to the problem. but as they say… hindsight….

I was ready to throw out our canidae food after this event, but she doesn’t believe he would have such an intense reaction almost a month after we switched him to the food. I’m still so worried. that is my one main concern, what food should I feed him after he’s done with the bland baby food diet.

he MAY get to come home today. if no bowel movement, he will be staying another night and we are going to go visit him. I haven’t seen him in 2-1/2 days. I miss my little chunk so much.

I feel like a crazy person always updating so much, but I hope someday this can help someone else here! Now I’m off to the store to buy baby food and pepcid...

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
You are not a crazy person. We come on here so we CAN read the updates on how Frank is doing. If you weren't keeping in touch, you would have a lot of explaining to do:yes:. I hope your little guy gets to come home soon. I don't have any advice on what you SHOULD feed him. I would say whenever you do introduce his kibble again...make it gradual. Some baby food bland with some kibble. Then increase his kibble as you see him improve. But thats just my opinion. I'm sure your vet will send you home with a to do list:). If Frank comes home today...YOU HAVE to post a picture so we can all see his face!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We appreciate these updates and want to hear what's going on w/your little guy. The BM probably will take awhile but that's great news that Frank's been able to keep his food down. Try to get some info from your vet with what type of diet he should be on after the bland diet regimen is over; maybe a high quality dog food that is lower in fat?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
update again: barium moved through just fine. no obstructions. sac of fluid in intestines was thought to be suspicious but upon further inspection has been deemed a non-issue. I can’t remember if she said it was gone or not.

he has been fed and is keeping everything down just fine. now just waiting for that bowel movement. she’s not too concerned that he hasn’t passed anything yet. considering how empty he was, it will take some time to form a stool. and she’s also happy that the food hasn’t just came right out in another explosive diarrhea episode.

she addressed my two other concerns of inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

she said absolutely not lymphangiectasia, that has very specific characteristics and she would’ve been able to tell from the ultrasound/xrays. she is not ready to jump to inflammatory bowel disease just because this came on so quickly and seems like an acute event. she’s not sure if it was just a reaction so something bad he ate, or a virus I did not give him time to recover from. I feel badly that I kept trying to get him to eat different things, which probably added to the problem. but as they say… hindsight….

I was ready to throw out our canidae food after this event, but she doesn’t believe he would have such an intense reaction almost a month after we switched him to the food. I’m still so worried. that is my one main concern, what food should I feed him after he’s done with the bland baby food diet.

he MAY get to come home today. if no bowel movement, he will be staying another night and we are going to go visit him. I haven’t seen him in 2-1/2 days. I miss my little chunk so much.

I feel like a crazy person always updating so much, but I hope someday this can help someone else here! Now I’m off to the store to buy baby food and pepcid...

Yeayyyyy!!!! I'm so happy to hear this. You know if there was something, even if it was little, the barium could have pushed it through. Which is very good. I'm so happy to hear that he'll be home soon.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's a great update. Hopefully this really is a one time event.

Aside from the canidae, what else were you giving him? Any supplements?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO glad to hear that the barium went well… I don't have any advice on the food, I would see what the vet says.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.