Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
if the ultrasound doesn't bring up anything, the vet said barium will be the next step. I'd never thought I'd get to the point of praying for them to find something wrong, but I just want answers.

the techs stay until 11pm. a tech also lives on the premises and a doctor on call lives just down the road. I am very hopeful.

thank you so much everyone for the continued support. you are keeping me sane!! and thank you @TyTysmom especially for sharing your experience which has really pushed me to treat this as a more serious matter than everyone else in my life was. I'm glad this vet is finally recognizing just how sick frank really is.

I am so glad this vet is moving towards finding the problem. We are all here for you and are praying for your little family...especially Mr. Frank. I know you will but please keep us updated and feel free to just vent ANYTIME. Sometimes, we just need to get our feelings out when we are hurting and everybody here is so loving and they sincerely want the best for you...for all of us!!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I'm home now, haven't been able to eat all day... It's so hard to look at his empty crate in the kitchen. I'm going to download some crappy tv and try to make some food. It was really hard to hold it together all day while everyone asked how frank was doing here at work! I'm such a wreck. Gosh, I don't know how people have human children!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm home now, haven't been able to eat all day... It's so hard to look at his empty crate in the kitchen. I'm going to download some crappy tv and try to make some food. It was really hard to hold it together all day while everyone asked how frank was doing here at work! I'm such a wreck. Gosh, I don't know how people have human children!

Trust me, just "thinking" about that whole situation and the entire month or more it lasted makes me sick. I told my husband while it was all happening that I wasn't sure if I was ready for kids. If I can't even handle Tyson being sick. Ugh. It too will pass, just stay calm. Pray. When Tyson got neutered, I went and sat by his kennel for as long as they let me with my hand in there, he laid on it - they finally kicked me out and said I shouldn't had even been there to begin with, but they saw how worried I was so they let me for a while.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh Madie! I'm so sorry to hear that Frank is so sick. I'm sure you are a wreck, I would be too. But you are getting the best care possible for him--it sounds like you have a great vet--and that's all you can do for him right now. Despite our best efforts, these babies can and do eat the strangest things. Hang on and hopefully he will be well and home quickly. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! Hugs!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Hoping for a speedy recovery and answers! I agree that he sounds like he is in good hands. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, or atleast can be treated asap so he can get home to your family!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BREATHE... go get some food, a bottle, er I mean, glass of wine and try to get some rest. We are all pulling for you and Frank - he will be home soon and all better

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
BREATHE... go get some food, a bottle, er I mean, glass of wine and try to get some rest. We are all pulling for you and Frank - he will be home soon and all better

I think the bottle in this case is appropriate. Kidding set aside, we hope Frank will come out on top back to his old self in no time.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
My husband and I have 10 & 12 year old "human" children and a 6 & 7 month old "fur" children and we both agree that the fur babies have had us on way more of an emotional roller coaster in the short time we have had them than our children have. They have been to the vet more times than our kids have gone to the doctors. Don't get me wrong I love my children with all of my heart but my pups just pull at my heart strings.
I know its hard but make sure you look after yourself so you can stay strong for Frank. Hoping to hear good news soon!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My husband and I have 10 & 12 year old "human" children and a 6 & 7 month old "fur" children and we both agree that the fur babies have had us on way more of an emotional roller coaster in the short time we have had them than our children have. They have been to the vet more times than our kids have gone to the doctors. Don't get me wrong I love my children with all of my heart but my pups just pull at my heart strings.
I know its hard but make sure you look after yourself so you can stay strong for Frank. Hoping to hear good news soon!

So agree! I believe it's because our pets can't TELL us what's wrong, what it
feels like, their symptoms, etc...like our children as babies & toddlers, so much
more worrisome! My husband admitted to me he hated the entire baby/toddler
time of our only son because he worried so much...and he did, he was a much
better father once Aaron started talking.

It's on US and the Vet/Techs to determine the real issue and it's awful to guess
wrong! So much pressure and fear, so much love we have for our precious fur
babies, so dependent in every way on us.

Sending prayers for Frank and loving hugs to you.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank is stable, no vomiting or diarrhea overnight. dehydrated, so they are giving him fluids. I called twice to see if he could wait until noon for his ultrasound or if circumstances were more dire and he needed to be treated before that. they assured me he is stable and can wait for the same doctor we've been dealing with. going to be a nerve-wracking day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
frank is stable, no vomiting or diarrhea overnight. dehydrated, so they are giving him fluids. I called twice to see if he could wait until noon for his ultrasound or if circumstances were more dire and he needed to be treated before that. they assured me he is stable and can wait for the same doctor we've been dealing with. going to be a nerve-wracking day.

I'm glad to hear that he seems to be doing better… I hope that the ultrasound can give you some answers, we are here for you and Frank!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Glad to hear Frank is stable. I will check back tonight for more results. Prayers still coming your way!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Just read through the entire thread. I'm so sorry this is happening, I know how hard it is.

Keep us updated.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
so nerve-wracking... I just keep staring at my phone waiting for it to ring! agh. I want to call so bad and ask for an update but i know she likes to go over everything possible and then sit down and discuss it with me. I know she will call when she's ready. today has been a blur of nerves.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.