2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After this is all over we are switching to fromms! I called and left a message for my vet, hoping to get him in tomorrow.

keep us posted!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I only got to see him this morning for a quick moment, he is still having VERY smelly gas and we went outside and he did have a small diarrhea bm. nothing like yesterday where he had 2 very large BMs of diarrhea. he's only had diarrhea since we started him on the bland diet of burger and rice. We did not feed him at all this morning.

my boyfriend says he is acting 'alright'. they are at our regular vet as I type this. I'm hoping they'll put us on an antibiotic since we were not given one friday night. I have a feeling it is a stomach bug since there are moments where he's acting perfectly fine and playing and then moments where he's acting sick again. I also told bf to mention the barium swallow.

will update once i find out what regular vet says! thank you so much for the continued support, well-wishes and checking in. it means a lot to come on here and see that someone has come to ask how frank is doing!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I only got to see him this morning for a quick moment, he is still having VERY smelly gas and we went outside and he did have a small diarrhea bm. nothing like yesterday where he had 2 very large BMs of diarrhea. he's only had diarrhea since we started him on the bland diet of burger and rice. We did not feed him at all this morning.

my boyfriend says he is acting 'alright'. they are at our regular vet as I type this. I'm hoping they'll put us on an antibiotic since we were not given one friday night. I have a feeling it is a stomach bug since there are moments where he's acting perfectly fine and playing and then moments where he's acting sick again. I also told bf to mention the barium swallow.

will update once i find out what regular vet says! thank you so much for the continued support, well-wishes and checking in. it means a lot to come on here and see that someone has come to ask how frank is doing!

keep us posted, we're all in with you! since we've all been there at some point & know the stress it brings!! I sure hope they find out what's up... the bland could def cause the diarrhea. But, Tyson also had his spell of good & bad spurts while he was obstructed.... it was more bad, but got worse as days passed. I'm pushing for a belly virus, so some meds will get him cleared up! hugs to frank.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I, too am hoping it is just "a bug" but it is sounding more worrisome. I would get the barium done....but of course, it is your call. The symptoms just scare me. Get Well, Frank!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

You can always use boiled plain chicken if you suspect the burger is causing him tummy troubles.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I'm pretty sure he has chicken allergies since his skin has totally cleared up since we took him off chicken base food :)

we got a probiotic from that vet. he said that he honestly is not concerened just upon a visual inspection of frank. they did another fecal test. he pressed rather hard on his abdoment and frank was not in any pain. my bf also said frank was acting totally normal at the vet's office which was probably why the vet didn't see the big deal. so... I am hoping he is on the mend! bf brought up the barium swallow and the vet said that would be a last resort for frank, he doesn't want to put him through that just yet.

I always panic and immediatly think the worst. I am hoping this is truly just something that will pass in a few days!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@madie4589 I hope all will be well with Frank! Best wishes that he continues feeling better!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I'm pretty sure he has chicken allergies since his skin has totally cleared up since we took him off chicken base food :)

we got a probiotic from that vet. he said that he honestly is not concerened just upon a visual inspection of frank. they did another fecal test. he pressed rather hard on his abdoment and frank was not in any pain. my bf also said frank was acting totally normal at the vet's office which was probably why the vet didn't see the big deal. so... I am hoping he is on the mend! bf brought up the barium swallow and the vet said that would be a last resort for frank, he doesn't want to put him through that just yet.

I always panic and immediatly think the worst. I am hoping this is truly just something that will pass in a few days!

When Goob was about 2 he had a bout of diarrhea. He had some runny stool after breakfast but I didn't think TOO much of it. Later in the afternoon, he kept going outside to poop and it was sooo runny. I also saw a trace of blood and that was IT! I called the vet, took a stool sample, and headed out for our almost 2 hour drive. They checked him and said he could have picked up a bug at the dog park and gave him some antibiotics. I can't remember exactly what he had or what they gave him BUT....When we got home, Goob went poop again but this time blood was dripping out of his bottom!!! I almost died!
I called the vet and said, " THERE IS MORE BLOOD THAN EVER! SHOULD I BRING HIM BACK? I THINK HE IS GETTING WORSE!!!" They told me not to panic and that it would take a while for the bland diet and medicine to start working. I was a wreck but he did start to show signs of improvement. Gosh, these guys scare us so badly when they are sick! I hope Frank is doing a little better. Keep us posted!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Try ground turkey.... my girl was highly allergic to chicken and had salmon sensitivity... but she was fine with ground turkey.
Also, just an FYI, when dogs are excited, their adrenaline is racing, they feel no pain.... Get to the vet they are playing, happy and showing no signs of anything... get home and they are back to being sick.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
bf got him home and said he only ate about 2/3 of his bland food. sigh. so worried!!!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
He's now turned his nose up at burger and rice, and ground turkey and rice. I gave him some plain ground turkey and he did pick at that, but did not gobble it up. I don't understand it, he will eat treats and peanut butter just fine... Just so worrisome and frustrating. I called his vet and they said to call back in the am if he's still not doing better.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's now turned his nose up at burger and rice, and ground turkey and rice. I gave him some plain ground turkey and he did pick at that, but did not gobble it up. I don't understand it, he will eat treats and peanut butter just fine... Just so worrisome and frustrating. I called his vet and they said to call back in the am if he's still not doing better.

Awww Honey!...nothing worse than our babies not well ;(

Try to remain calm a 'lil while longer and look at the positives,
he's been seen & had some tests, he's got some meds, he's
acting fine (mostly), he's eating sometimes & he's peeing/pooping.

It does take time for bland diet (& food changes prior ) to calm
tummy, do not worry if he eats smaller amounts or refuses a meal,
it's okay!

Big hugs for all :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He just vomited again. :(

:( so sorry this is not getting better. I would try to relax, breathe... if you are upset he is going to sense it and react to your nervousness (easier said than done I know) but, call the vet in the AM and push for the barium test

:hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.