Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What could be wrong with frank

@madie4589 Praying so hard for your little Frank. Hope with all my heart that the vet will have some GOOD news for you.......
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    I have two things I want to discuss with her when she calls back. inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

I really should stop googling things. But those both sound like possibilities at this point. praying for neither.
    Thanks for the updates on Frank - I've been checking every so often. I really hope the therapeutic barium helps! Poor baby... don't be too afraid of IBD, alot of bullies have it. Its definitely something that would require work to control with diet & meds, but its not anything that would be really bad, per say. And yes, stay off Google, its evil! According to Google, we're all dying of some kind of disease, LOL - continue to stay positive, I hope we are nearing the end and get a diagnoses soon!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry hon… still sending prayers for Frank, and Thanks for the updates!!! We are still here for you guys!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

update again: barium moved through just fine. no obstructions. sac of fluid in intestines was thought to be suspicious but upon further inspection has been deemed a non-issue. I can’t remember if she said it was gone or not.

he has been fed and is keeping everything down just fine. now just waiting for that bowel movement. she’s not too concerned that he hasn’t passed anything yet. considering how empty he was, it will take some time to form a stool. and she’s also happy that the food hasn’t just came right out in another explosive diarrhea episode.

she addressed my two other concerns of inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

she said absolutely not lymphangiectasia, that has very specific characteristics and she would’ve been able to tell from the ultrasound/xrays. she is not ready to jump to inflammatory bowel disease just because this came on so quickly and seems like an acute event. she’s not sure if it was just a reaction so something bad he ate, or a virus I did not give him time to recover from. I feel badly that I kept trying to get him to eat different things, which probably added to the problem. but as they say… hindsight….

I was ready to throw out our canidae food after this event, but she doesn’t believe he would have such an intense reaction almost a month after we switched him to the food. I’m still so worried. that is my one main concern, what food should I feed him after he’s done with the bland baby food diet.

he MAY get to come home today. if no bowel movement, he will be staying another night and we are going to go visit him. I haven’t seen him in 2-1/2 days. I miss my little chunk so much.

I feel like a crazy person always updating so much, but I hope someday this can help someone else here! Now I’m off to the store to buy baby food and pepcid...

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You are not a crazy person. We come on here so we CAN read the updates on how Frank is doing. If you weren't keeping in touch, you would have a lot of explaining to do. I hope your little guy gets to come home soon. I don't have any advice on what you SHOULD feed him. I would say whenever you do introduce his kibble again...make it gradual. Some baby food bland with some kibble. Then increase his kibble as you see him improve. But thats just my opinion. I'm sure your vet will send you home with a to do list. If Frank comes home today...YOU HAVE to post a picture so we can all see his face!
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We appreciate these updates and want to hear what's going on w/your little guy. The BM probably will take awhile but that's great news that Frank's been able to keep his food down. Try to get some info from your vet with what type of diet he should be on after the bland diet regimen is over; maybe a high quality dog food that is lower in fat?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    update again: barium moved through just fine. no obstructions. sac of fluid in intestines was thought to be suspicious but upon further inspection has been deemed a non-issue. I can’t remember if she said it was gone or not.

he has been fed and is keeping everything down just fine. now just waiting for that bowel movement. she’s not too concerned that he hasn’t passed anything yet. considering how empty he was, it will take some time to form a stool. and she’s also happy that the food hasn’t just came right out in another explosive diarrhea episode.

she addressed my two other concerns of inflammatory bowel disease and lymphangiectasia.

she said absolutely not lymphangiectasia, that has very specific characteristics and she would’ve been able to tell from the ultrasound/xrays. she is not ready to jump to inflammatory bowel disease just because this came on so quickly and seems like an acute event. she’s not sure if it was just a reaction so something bad he ate, or a virus I did not give him time to recover from. I feel badly that I kept trying to get him to eat different things, which probably added to the problem. but as they say… hindsight….

I was ready to throw out our canidae food after this event, but she doesn’t believe he would have such an intense reaction almost a month after we switched him to the food. I’m still so worried. that is my one main concern, what food should I feed him after he’s done with the bland baby food diet.

he MAY get to come home today. if no bowel movement, he will be staying another night and we are going to go visit him. I haven’t seen him in 2-1/2 days. I miss my little chunk so much.

I feel like a crazy person always updating so much, but I hope someday this can help someone else here! Now I’m off to the store to buy baby food and pepcid...

Yeayyyyy!!!! I'm so happy to hear this. You know if there was something, even if it was little, the barium could have pushed it through. Which is very good. I'm so happy to hear that he'll be home soon.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

9. Likes madie4589 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's a great update. Hopefully this really is a one time event.

Aside from the canidae, what else were you giving him? Any supplements?

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm SO glad to hear that the barium went well… I don't have any advice on the food, I would see what the vet says.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I am so happy to hear some good news. Never think you post too many updates, because we all worry. Every pup on here is one of "ours" and we want to know what is going on, and hear all the updates. We also are concerned for the parents,too. It does help to know when others understand how we feel when our kids are sick-cause alot of people think it's crazy. We don't because we all feel the same! This is the "support' group for all of us!!! Something I've needed and never had!! Hugs for Frank!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    That's a great update. Hopefully this really is a one time event.

Aside from the canidae, what else were you giving him? Any supplements?
    He gets VitaCoat Plus, and he was getting yogurt.

I wanted to do Nuvet but it has chicken (correct?) and I'm fairly certain we've pinpointed a chicken allergy in frank.

she still wants us to continue with the canidae salmon and mackerel, but I don't ever want to go through this again, I am willing to throw the canidae out and try something new. Fromms grain free beef possibly.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Thank god Frank is improving. Never apologize for posting updates. I spent my vacation checking on Frank. @Manydogs is right, we consider all these dogs "ours" and the owners, family.
    My smooshy face boy!

16. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Remove Ads