Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What could be wrong with frank

Glad to hear Frank is stable. I will check back tonight for more results. Prayers still coming your way!
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Just read through the entire thread. I'm so sorry this is happening, I know how hard it is.

Keep us updated.

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

so nerve-wracking... I just keep staring at my phone waiting for it to ring! agh. I want to call so bad and ask for an update but i know she likes to go over everything possible and then sit down and discuss it with me. I know she will call when she's ready. today has been a blur of nerves.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@madie4589 Been reading this thread, and I am praying so hard for Frank, that they figure out what is going on. I am praying for you, as I absolutely know how it feels to be so worried and helpless in a situation like this. Sounds like your vet is good and caring and will do everything necessary to figure things out. Everyone's prayers are with you and Frank, and have a couple of drinks to settle yourself, as you getting sick won't do little Frank a bit of good. Hoping very hard that you hear some good news!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I called and they said 'she's working on him right now'

can't handle this!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    I called and they said 'she's working on him right now'

can't handle this!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

phew!!! Just got off the 30 minute phone call with the vet. she is really so incredibly great. I feel so good with frank being there with her, and i haven't even met her in person yet, only my boyfriend has. I feel like I want to hug her!

she said he has livened up today. the ultrasound still shows a really thick stomach lining but she's confident that there are no foreign bodies in there. she's now concerned with his intestines. there is apparently a pocket of fluid in there that is not moving through. it seems his intestines aren't functioning properly, so she is probably going to give him something to get that going. if things get worse tonight/tomorrow, we're doing the barium swallow. I trust her that there isn't anything in the stomach, I read online that she is one of the top in her field of ultrasound diagnostics. but still, I've brought up the dang barium swallow so much... she's agreed to it if things don't continue to improve!

also, they gave him a beef baby food, and he gobbled it up, she said it was like he couldn't get to it fast enough. they're now waiting to see if he has a diarrhea bm or a semi normal one. they've been taking him out every 20 minutes to see if he'll go. she also wants to us to give him pepcid 2x a day when he comes home.

she wants to keep him overnight again just to make sure things keep moving forward. seems like we're out of the woods but she wants to be sure. she said yesterday he was just curled up in the corner, and today he's up, alert, putting his paw up on the cage door looking at people to pay attention to him, and really interested in the cats he's been seeing.

I questioned why this happened and what could've brought it on and she said she's not sure. it seemed like he was doing so great on the new food and then suddenly boom he's down. I want to ask more about if we should switch food? when we bring him home she wants us doing a bland diet for a while of baby food of beef, veal, sweet potatoes, ect. she said even the boiled hamburger can have too much fat in it.

she also said his heart looks just fine. spleen is large but she has no answer for that. might just be his body is working hard to right what's going on.

I haven't even eaten today... I have such a headache. This is why I cannot have children!!! imagine this type of anxiety with a human baby, oh lord have mercy.

thank you so much everyone for being here throughout this and reading every little rant and rave I've had. you all have been SUCH a great support system for me.

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

my big question is why. why did this happen? that day was a normal day. and it's just concerning that he got so bad so fast. we switched his food over 3 weeks ago and he was doing GREAT on that. his skin was totally cleared of the pustules he had been having on chicken food.

Still need more answers. but just glad he's *slowly* improving. I don't want to get ahead of myself. I know things can still turn around.

would a dog react like that to dairy? I had been giving him a small spoonful of yogurt every night. and the day before was the day he has his puppy latte (whipped cream) from starbucks. HMM

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

This is GOOD news for now.... I'm happy his heart is okay. That was worrisome. Also glad that he's a little more active today! I feel like he will be just fine, I wonder what the heck happened though. Such mysteries these guys. Tyson is also on Pepcid, and will be forever prob. When she was referring to his intestines not functioning, did she say there weren't contracting normally?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Just read this - glad to see that Frank is doing better now. Best wishes from us.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Glad that there is a bit of good news about Frank. Such a nerve-wracking ordeal when our babies are so sick. Sending positive thoughts that it gets figured out and Frank continues to improve!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Remove Ads