Pooping in sleep!

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
Hi guys but of a strange one but my bulldog has starting pooping in her sleep, we had her at the vets and she was diagnosed with colitis and was given some antibiotics, whilst the swelling of her behind has gone down and diaoreah has stopped she has started to pooh in her sleep! This has happened the past 4 nights since she has been to the vets, I'm sure she doesn't even know she's done it though! Can anyone help and has anyone had issues like this before? She is only 3 years old and generally a healthy bulldog, right diet excersice etc.
thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl Banks had colitis and when it flares up there is not much to do but give the meds and keep her where it is easiest to clean up. There were times we kept her gated in the kitchen or bathroom... other times we slept on leather sofa with her with old sheets covering everything

Banks was on Tylan powder most of her episodes but bad times she would be on a liquid med, I'll have to go look it up, begins with an M

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
She is only on antibiotics to stop any infection, he told us if it doesn't clear up in the next few days we have to go back and have her xrayed to see if anything is lodged in her bowl! She's has always slept in our bed since she was toilet trained so u can imagine how hard it is to lock her elsewhere. What did u do with regards to feeding banks when she was ill??
Thanks
Nick

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor girl, she's so young. I would put diapers on her before bedtime when she has flareups.

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
We do but she gets em off while we r asleep!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is only on antibiotics to stop any infection, he told us if it doesn't clear up in the next few days we have to go back and have her xrayed to see if anything is lodged in her bowl! She's has always slept in our bed since she was toilet trained so u can imagine how hard it is to lock her elsewhere. What did u do with regards to feeding banks when she was ill??
Thanks
Nick

Banks always slept with us too... the locking away was during day when we were not able to be with her. when we were home she was with us always... one of us always slept with her where ever we had to place her.

We did bland diet.. very dry with pure canned pumpkin or her kibble. before she got colitis, we fed a raw diet... we tried to stay with it, but her colitis just would not lessen so we went to Fromm pork and Peas... he flare ups then were only stress induced

Stella2016

Jun 11, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Albert and Stella
I am just wondering if this problem corrected itself? My 2 year old was very sick with diarrhea memorial weekend and has been pooping a small amount while sleeping too. Our vet is at a loss and claims, with only an exam, that it could be congenital....

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ask your vet about Tylan or Sulfasalazine for anti inflammatory therapy. You need to treat colitis and I am sure she won’t poop in her sleep anymore. For the nutrition I would feed her chicken, rice and pumpkin diet. No dry kibble.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.