Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Yeast infection in ears and paws

united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie The Princess
    Likes (Received)

Default Yeast infection in ears and paws

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone new of any home remedies for yeast in an English bulldogs ear's and maybe the paw's too? I have a an English Bulldog , Sadie, that just turned a year old. She claws at her ear's all the time and her paw's. I clean her ear's and her body every night with wipes etc. I get the brownish stuff out of her ears when I clean them so I'm pretty sure it is yeast I'm dealing with. She has an appointment with a new vet Friday March 27, 2015. Does anyone have any suggestion's on shampoo's, spray's or ear rinses I can use on her? We are trying to eliminate things from her diet. We change her food from Fromm to Wild Calling. We eliminated chicken and the vet wanted her on a lower protein diet because she showed signs of crystals forming in her urine after she had a bladder infection after coming out of her first hear. Please any information is welcomed.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Yeast infection in ears and paws

to EBN

Apple Cider Vinegar is a good one ... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...r-vinegar.html

Also, if yeast is an issue, white potato/grains should be avoided. My girl was a yeasty mess... I switched to Fromm Pork and Peas and it all cleared up. Also, could be environmental allergies, so try Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day and wipe he paws/belly/face after each trip outside
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Yeast infection in ears and paws

Malacetic Otic. It kills yeast. After it's cleared up, you can use it once a week for maintenance.

Remove Ads