OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hello bulldog land!
Yesterday morning something very weird and awkward happened.
When Opie first woke up he kept trying to itch his back end so I cleaned his tail and figured that would help him out...but to no avail. Than I noticed something horrific. His..ummm lets call it rocket. His rocket was hanging out, not fully, but a good bit of the tip. It wasn't normal at all though. His rocket was dark red almost purple and HUGE! It was so swollen. I instantly freaked out and had my fiance grab Opie so I could get a better look. We sat him up to a better position...ya know the position where the rocket just flops out? But it didn't flop out so I pushed his skin back (it was very tight and not easy to push) and the rest of his rocket was very blue, crazy blue! But almost instantly the color started to return and the swelling went away. It all went away so fast and than it was like nothing happened.

Is it normal for the skin to cut off circulation like that?
Please tell me I am not the only one with a bulldog that has happened too?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have no experience with this, but i'm glad it went away. I would probably call the vet but after someone revived me!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've never seen or experienced this either. It is possible the skin is too tight, I would explain what happened to the vet and see if he knows what would have caused this to happen or give you some suggestions. Did you take any pictures to show the vet? I'm glad Opie is okay, and I hope this doesn't happen again, and was just a one time thing. Is Opie neutered? How old is he? Maybe he got a woody and his member swelled and the skin got tight around it cutting off the circulation temporarily? Is this possible?

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Nope, no pictures I was a little too freaked out at the time. :eek:
I think it was from him getting "excited" and the skin not being able to stretch the more I have googled it. Haha
He is 10 months old and not neutered.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Nope, no pictures I was a little too freaked out at the time. :eek:
I think it was from him getting "excited" and the skin not being able to stretch the more I have googled it. Haha
He is 10 months old and not neutered.

Thats what I was thinking it was too. Keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, and then ask your vet.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
This happened to Goob once but he was neutered already. He was playing was trying to grab our legs to "get frisky" with us and his rocket came out and stayed out. He was walking strangely which got out attention. It was almost like he got TOO excited. We tried calming him down and after a few minutes (5 or so), it went back in. It was kind of scarey though because we weren't sure how to get it back in and it did seem to hurt him. Thankfully, it went in on its own.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he just had morning wood. Should be OK, it happens sometimes. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like he just had morning wood. Should be OK, it happens sometimes. :)

^^^^ yep! happens to Cheli on occasion and he is neutered, but he kind of 'works' the air and it all just happened... freaked us out the first time too. He should be fine

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.