Help! Bugzy is not acting his normal self :(

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
Yesterday we took Bugzy to Petco to get his spa treatment. He woke up today with green boogers around his eyes which i had never seen before...he has been drowsy all day, wanting to sleep sleep sleep yes i know its normal for bulldogs to sleep but his not being active doesnt want to eat his food or drink water! what should i do? can i give him pedialyte or gatorade to keep him hydrated?i will go buy a thermometer to check his fever? if he has a fever what can i give him in the meantime i take him to the vet!!! my poor baby i feel so bad...:(

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
First, don't panic.

I know it's hard but it sounds like he might have picked something up at the spa - like a flu. And what happens when we get the flu? We don't feel like eating or doing much of anything other than being miserable.

I don't think you need to worry about dehydration immediately if he's not vomiting or does not have diarrhea however it's good to keep an eye on things and make sure he's not getting too dry - a good place to look is at the gums!

I would expect to see him perk up a little bit in the next 24 hours and start eating and drinking normally. If he does not, I would call the vet.

My bulldog Bentley had very similar symptoms once and it was a bug that eventually ended on its own after some rest and TLC.

I hope Bugszy feels better soon, keep up updated.

OP
NICASFINEST

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] THANKS I WILL WATCH HIM CLOSELY AND C HOW HE FEELS TOMORROW!!!!
HE IS STILL PEEING AND :poo: EVEN THOUGH HE HASNT ATE ALL DAY...
THANKS GUYS!:whew:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If he does not eat his breakfast I would get him to the vet today. Please keep us posted on how he is feeling....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hope he is feeling better soon. Oh and yes pedialite is what [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] uses and says it works wonders. Keep us posted.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yeah I give Samson pedialyte when he has been throwing up to rehydrate him and it helps alot! In your case I doubt he has gotten dehyrated yet if he isn't throwing up or having diarrhea. But obviously you can't let him go on too long without eating or drinking, it's not normal for that to go on very long. Like Jill said if this is still going on tomorrow I suggest getting in touch with your vet. Hope he feels better soon!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hope he's feeling better... but I agree with what a lot of people have posted above and if he's still lethargic and not eating or drinking I would get him to a vet asap

OP
NICASFINEST

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
So today he woke up with a little bit more of the discharge around his eyes, he still doesnt want to eat i feed him a piece of kibble he ate it, doesnt want to drink water so i am giving it to him thru a syringe since i do not want him to dehydrate!He seems to have a bit more energy then yesterday...he still feels warm just like yesterday.. i emailed his Dr right now so hopefully its nothing major...thanks guys!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online