Entropion diagnosis for Patsy

Patsycline

Dec 28, 2014
Ludlow, KY
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Patsy
We had an emergency visit last night for Patsy. Her poor eyes were red and bloodshot and she kept rubbing her paws at them. We were told she has entropion and will have to have surgery. Has anyone else delt with this issue and what should I expect? We were going to go to a pet opthamologist opposed to our vet, I read horror stories about this procedure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl! a few members have had experience with this.... I will tag them for you

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have had personal experience w/entropion surgery on one of my bullies… IMO I would go to a vet that specializes in bulldogs. Anesthesia is the biggest issue here, and your vet clinic (or emergency clinic) is more capable of handling an emergency. The bully that I have now Walter is having surgery on his eyelashes soon, and his personal vet will be handling the surgery.

OP
Patsycline

Patsycline

Dec 28, 2014
Ludlow, KY
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Patsy
I scheduled an appt at the Animal Eye Institute, they specialize in vet ophthalmology. My personal vet does not do the surgery. I hope I am making the right choice. She HATES the eyedrops!!! I would rather pay the 1500 for the surgery then to have to battle the eyedrops with her for the next 10+ years lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.