Are these allergies?

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Ace had cherry eye on his right eye last year. I've noticed these flair ups with his eyes for the past couple of months and always blamed it on allergies. Just want to get everyone's opinion. Unfortunately, when I took him to the vet, he wasn't showing signs of this and I didn't have pics. Due to my wife's description, he started him on the antibiotic drops. So here are a few pics so you all can evaluate him
f710719577c5479fe3947b83a8c505fd.jpg
215e3acbaa471f21825bfa70fe207b87.jpg
05956a05c75501aa78e71f595a0c11a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Was the lining removed when he had cherry eye? It looks like the third lining may be protruding a little. Maybe you can ask the vet how much of the lining was removed if any. Brutus had cherry eye in both eyes. He had the lining tacked and it worked well at first but then failed in one of his eyes. So he had the lining thinned which relieved the Cherry eye and is supposed to help with dry eye later in life but when he plays I can notice the lining tends to bulge a little In the tacked eye. It never comes out but I can see it and this is what I think I see in Aces eye.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
He had it tacked on his left eye. I'll make sure I ask the vet.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He had it tacked on his left eye. I'll make sure I ask the vet.

Ok. That makes sense to me. I looks like it is just bulging a bit. No big deal really. Do you notice it more when he is playing or chewing a bone? This is when I notice it.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
It's been off and on for a couple of months. I kept blaming it on inflammation due to allergies. I think I just need to get an allergy test done on him and stop guessing. Citrus trees are blooming and my neighborhood is like a citrus "plug in" outside, lol. His eye squinting is almost gone. Hope it doesn't come back :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rosalie has you covered... but wow, what a handsome boy he is

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.