Black knob on Paw

B

Baxter Tiberius

This thing popped up recently. Normally wouldn't have thought much of it, except its black, which usually isn't a good thing when it comes to skin growths. He also developed an interdigital cyst around the same time so I figured it was just part of his battle scars from the daycare he was at that week. He always comes back with problems from those places.

Its dry and hard and I can pull the top half off to the side. Inside its dark purple red and wet.

Anything to worry about?

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmm I don't think I've seen anything like that before. Almost looks like a blood blister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Not sure what it could be... it doesn't look serious but I don't know... hope it clears up and doesn't get worse. My Bennie sometimes get small wounds on his paws, he's a bit sensitive to grass but the wounds comes from him licking his paws... I would probably give it a couple of days and see...

His claws looks so short and perfect, feel bad now:ashamed:... have to go cut my kids claws:tongue:

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Not sure what it could be... it doesn't look serious but I don't know... hope it clears up and doesn't get worse. My Bennie sometimes get small wounds on his paws, he's a bit sensitive to grass but the wounds comes from him licking his paws... I would probably give it a couple of days and see...

His claws looks so short and perfect, feel bad now:ashamed:... have to go cut my kids claws:tongue:

The craziest part: Haven't cut his claws in over a year. This is what a hardwood / tile floor does I guess.

Only thing that concerns me about this is that its not really a cut or wound. Its a growth. It is like a dome. And the top of the dome is broken so I can pull it back and look inside where its black and dark red and wet.

Its similar to an interdigital cyst but those are usually pink and skin colored.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Having had a dog with melanoma once (a boxer though), I'd probably get the vet to check it. Melanomas are usually flat and black, but just to be on the safe side....

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Having had a dog with melanoma once (a boxer though), I'd probably get the vet to check it. Melanomas are usually flat and black, but just to be on the safe side....

agreed, time to see the vet. We lost a bully to skin cancer too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hmm I don't think I've seen anything like that before. Almost looks like a blood blister?

Lisa- could it be one of those hysto-thingys that is just near complete?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lisa- could it be one of those hysto-thingys that is just near complete?

Thought about that but didn't sound like it based upon the description.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
The craziest part: Haven't cut his claws in over a year. This is what a hardwood / tile floor does I guess.

Only thing that concerns me about this is that its not really a cut or wound. Its a growth. It is like a dome. And the top of the dome is broken so I can pull it back and look inside where its black and dark red and wet.

Its similar to an interdigital cyst but those are usually pink and skin colored.

Wow, but they say the less you cut the less the claws grow... wish that worked for me. Think my dogs claws grows faster also cos of our constant warm weather:unsure:

Maybe the vet can test it just to make sure? Feels like my dogs always have something going on somewhere but they are out in the garden often and every flippin' plant in this country has thorns on them:fie: So I normally don't stress unless the wound stays for a longer time. Hope it's just a blood blister or something:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.