OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
I don't have the X-rays but I am sure I can get them. She asked me if I wanted to see them but I felt it was pointless as I would have absolutely no idea what I was looking at. I'm sure his bet has to keep them on file though so if I go back in the next couple of days I wi definitely be asking for them and post them, and will also be requesting the barium swallow. I was there Monday and will not be waiting
Too much longer before I take him back if he continues to get sick after following the previous advice. He's also a constant whiner so it's hard for me to know if he's just whining cause he wants to play or if he's crying cause he's sick or in pain...

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
I'm pretty inexperienced with vets and such... I grew up with animals but this would my first animal that i am the owner of.. And of course i pick a bully of all animals
To break me in!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I don't have the X-rays but I am sure I can get them. She asked me if I wanted to see them but I felt it was pointless as I would have absolutely no idea what I was looking at. I'm sure his bet has to keep them on file though so if I go back in the next couple of days I wi definitely be asking for them and post them, and will also be requesting the barium swallow. I was there Monday and will not be waiting
Too much longer before I take him back if he continues to get sick after following the previous advice. He's also a constant whiner so it's hard for me to know if he's just whining cause he wants to play or if he's crying cause he's sick or in pain...

That little baby. Yeah, you can usually ask for them on CD. I've learned so much in my experience with this its unreal, hey I'm by far no doctor, but I analyzed all of his xrays with different doctors, including the barium ones, so I've come to learn alot :) Hopefully after all this its just his hunger and the little snack right before bed will help. Fingers crosssed!!!! Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted as to how he's feeling tomorrow!

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
018.jpg018.jpg

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
033.jpg

this is my sweet little bossy bear (boss) and we both really appreciate all of your help and advice! thank you so much!!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh my word look at all that cuteness I can't even handle it!!! He is just precious I hope the baby feels better really soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hopefully the snack before bed will work, and it's not an obstruction. Sending prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
He is a very Beautiful Boy, such a Sweet Heart he is, I Pray all is ok with this Boy, Keep us posted on how Boss is doing.

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
Ah!! I'm so happy! It's only 5:30 in the am but I wS just up to let him out and not to clean up puke! He already seemed so much happier this morning too! It might be too early to cross out all chances of him getting sic but the last three days he had already been sick by now!! Thank you guys soooo much I already feel relieved I was so worried! I hope he stays like this!! ����

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
Nope... Spoke too soon. It's 9 and he for sick again. But he hang eaten yet and him and I both went back to sleep after being awake so early. Maybe since he ate the rice cake before bed last night... And ended up getting sick almost 4-5 hours later than usual. Maybe his stomach was empty too long by the time he got sick again and we just need to make sure he eats something early in the morning and he always has a little something in his tummy?

Ugh I dunno, I just want to see if I can get to a point where he going days without getting sick ya know? My poor little baby ��

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Nope... Spoke too soon. It's 9 and he for sick again. But he hang eaten yet and him and I both went back to sleep after being awake so early. Maybe since he ate the rice cake before bed last night... And ended up getting sick almost 4-5 hours later than usual. Maybe his stomach was empty too long by the time he got sick again and we just need to make sure he eats something early in the morning and he always has a little something in his tummy?

Ugh I dunno, I just want to see if I can get to a point where he going days without getting sick ya know? My poor little baby ��

Give it another day - try the rice cake at night & in AM... see if you notice a difference. What food are you feeding him?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I really sounds like stomach bile to me. Make sure he has the rice cake before bed and maybe you can feed when he gets up to potty instead of going back to bed. It sounds to me like he needs food in his tummy. how old did you say he is? I fed Brutus 3 times a day until he was 7-8mos old.

Um...OK so I see he is 6 mos old right in you title!! :w00t: are you still feeding three times a day?

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
yes he is only throwing up in the morning...usually very early like 4 or 5am, except for the first day he threw up which was saturday. That night he woke up around 3am and got sick..and that night it went on for 6 hours of him falling asleep and waking up to throw up. I think he threw up about 4 or 5 times that night. he didnt get sick at all on sunday and then from Monday till now he is only getting sick once when he first wakes up and its early. I got some really great advice from some very kind people on this forum already about giving him rice cakes before bed which I think made a great improvement because he was up at 5:30 but only to go outside....he didnt eat then though and went back to sleep and woke up at 9 and got sick. Im thinking the rice cake may have really worked and I should have made him eat before we went back to bed. That will definitely be what Im going to do tonight into tomorrow morning. Onviously too I cant expect a 100% recovery overnight.

As far as the food I'm feeding him I actually recently switched him to adult food, even though he is only 6 months he is a whopping 45 pounds of muscle and the vet told me it would be alright to switch him over. We switched to purina beneful healthy weight. (the vet scared the crap out of me about him getting fat the very first time i took him in at 10 weeks and gave me a 20 minute lecture about it) I believe we are going to switch back today to the brand we were previously using but in the adult format. Of anyone has any suggestions as too a brand that you or your furry four legged children prefer that seems to work well I am all ears!! The more suggestions the better and I appreciate any time that anyone has taken to look into giving me advice! I will do whatever I need to do to make my baby healthy and happy I am just trying to start out with inexpensive options and then go up the financial tree from there if necessary. I just dont want to be taken advantage of by a vet because I am inexperienced in the pet department and they can tell that, almost like a mechanic can do if they sense you dont know what you are talking about.

boss toy 1.jpgboss toy 2.jpg

as you can see from these pictures he will chew ant of his toys into total pieces! and its not just his toys! he loves to chew and eat anything!!

boss hug.jpgboss pound.jpg

and from these that he is the biggest sweetheart in the whole world!! I will do whatever I need to to ensure that he is healthy and happy! I love him so much!!!!

again im open to any suggestions from anyone about anything! I appreciate it all!!!!

Thanks,
Tara

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.