Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My 6 month old bully, boss, is sick

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Please please don't take this negatively, but I would stay far away from Purina - like FAR FAR away. That is not a quality food. If you want something quality & grain free, that doesn't break the bank, try BLUE, Merrick, Natural Balance... the better quality food will highly improve him overall health wise. Alot of members including myself feed FROMMs, but they are higher priced for sure. We did Natural Balance & BLUE for years and were very happy. Choose grain free. You actually don't want bullies to put on too much weight, the heavier they are the harder on their joints, etc. When you switch (please do asap if possible), please transition. So do 3/4 his current kibble, and 1/4 of new, and slowly increase if you see no negative reactions. I'm curious to see if the food change helps the vomiting as well. Also, adding a teaspoon of plain greek yogurt.. do things slowly ... one at a time. So if you're switching foods, start that. Make sure he's adjusted, then add the yogurt... too much at once could also upset his belly.

He is the CUTEST!!! Also, as soon as he tears those toys apart, remove them immediately. They will swallow anything, and again obstruction... no bueno. Its better to always supervise while they have toys. Keep us updated!!! Please

Yes, please get off the Beneful..... great Post Jessica!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

PLEASE DO NOT FEED HIM PURINA BENEFUL, THIS FOOD IS VERY BAD, I GIVE ELMO FROMM HARD FOOD AND CANIDAE CANNED FOOR ADDED TO IT, PLUS VEGTABLES. THIS MAY BE WHY YOUR BOSS IS THROWING UP, PURINA, BAD FOOD. LOVE TO BOSS.

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the awesome advice. He is actually doing so much better and has not gotten sick since Thursday. He also seems to be feeling better overall. I changed his food, have been giving him rice cakes at night before bed and early in the morning along with some pepcid ac prescribed by the vet. I think it was a combination of everthing that is helping. Again thank you so much for everything from helping me help him to feel better to helping me save money on what could have been some costly and timely vet visits which would have most likely ended at the same place we are now. I will definitely be visiting this web site a lot to gain advice as well as give advice to things that I learn along the way!

much love from me and my main man boss
    -love-jpg

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

oh and one more thing...WHY IN THE WORLD IS PURINA BENEFUL STILL BEING SOLD? ALONG WITH ANY OTHER PURINA PRODUCTS?? if its so terrible and harmful why is it even legal that anyone sells it anymore?? especially since so many people seem to know its bad, but then you have a new pet owner like myself who had no idea what she was doing...and no i would not buy the bottom of the barrel cheapest food i could find...but i was just trying to find something middle of the road since this would most likely be the food i would be purchasing for the duration of his hopefully long life!! that just makes me mad!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads