Thread: My 6 month old bully, boss, is sick

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My 6 month old bully, boss, is sick

Ah!! I'm so happy! It's only 5:30 in the am but I wS just up to let him out and not to clean up puke! He already seemed so much happier this morning too! It might be too early to cross out all chances of him getting sic but the last three days he had already been sick by now!! Thank you guys soooo much I already feel relieved I was so worried! I hope he stays like this!! ����

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Nope... Spoke too soon. It's 9 and he for sick again. But he hang eaten yet and him and I both went back to sleep after being awake so early. Maybe since he ate the rice cake before bed last night... And ended up getting sick almost 4-5 hours later than usual. Maybe his stomach was empty too long by the time he got sick again and we just need to make sure he eats something early in the morning and he always has a little something in his tummy?

Ugh I dunno, I just want to see if I can get to a point where he going days without getting sick ya know? My poor little baby ��

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Lewerth View Post
    Nope... Spoke too soon. It's 9 and he for sick again. But he hang eaten yet and him and I both went back to sleep after being awake so early. Maybe since he ate the rice cake before bed last night... And ended up getting sick almost 4-5 hours later than usual. Maybe his stomach was empty too long by the time he got sick again and we just need to make sure he eats something early in the morning and he always has a little something in his tummy?

Ugh I dunno, I just want to see if I can get to a point where he going days without getting sick ya know? My poor little baby ��
    Give it another day - try the rice cake at night & in AM... see if you notice a difference. What food are you feeding him?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He is so darn cute... I see some freckles on those ears too

Is he only throwing up in the morning?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I really sounds like stomach bile to me. Make sure he has the rice cake before bed and maybe you can feed when he gets up to potty instead of going back to bed. It sounds to me like he needs food in his tummy. how old did you say he is? I fed Brutus 3 times a day until he was 7-8mos old.

Um...OK so I see he is 6 mos old right in you title!! are you still feeding three times a day?
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

yes he is only throwing up in the morning...usually very early like 4 or 5am, except for the first day he threw up which was saturday. That night he woke up around 3am and got sick..and that night it went on for 6 hours of him falling asleep and waking up to throw up. I think he threw up about 4 or 5 times that night. he didnt get sick at all on sunday and then from Monday till now he is only getting sick once when he first wakes up and its early. I got some really great advice from some very kind people on this forum already about giving him rice cakes before bed which I think made a great improvement because he was up at 5:30 but only to go outside....he didnt eat then though and went back to sleep and woke up at 9 and got sick. Im thinking the rice cake may have really worked and I should have made him eat before we went back to bed. That will definitely be what Im going to do tonight into tomorrow morning. Onviously too I cant expect a 100% recovery overnight.

As far as the food I'm feeding him I actually recently switched him to adult food, even though he is only 6 months he is a whopping 45 pounds of muscle and the vet told me it would be alright to switch him over. We switched to purina beneful healthy weight. (the vet scared the crap out of me about him getting fat the very first time i took him in at 10 weeks and gave me a 20 minute lecture about it) I believe we are going to switch back today to the brand we were previously using but in the adult format. Of anyone has any suggestions as too a brand that you or your furry four legged children prefer that seems to work well I am all ears!! The more suggestions the better and I appreciate any time that anyone has taken to look into giving me advice! I will do whatever I need to do to make my baby healthy and happy I am just trying to start out with inexpensive options and then go up the financial tree from there if necessary. I just dont want to be taken advantage of by a vet because I am inexperienced in the pet department and they can tell that, almost like a mechanic can do if they sense you dont know what you are talking about.

-boss-toy-1-jpg-boss-toy-2-jpg

as you can see from these pictures he will chew ant of his toys into total pieces! and its not just his toys! he loves to chew and eat anything!!

-boss-hug-jpg-boss-pound-jpg

and from these that he is the biggest sweetheart in the whole world!! I will do whatever I need to to ensure that he is healthy and happy! I love him so much!!!!

again im open to any suggestions from anyone about anything! I appreciate it all!!!!

Thanks,
    Tara

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

oh and he definitely eats 3 times a day! sometimes maybe 4 but just not as much each time! he wouldnt let me not feed him if I tried!! I would come home to him eating my furniture or something! This is all a huge learning experience for me so anything that anyone thinks would be helpful in general would be great too! I want to be the best mommy I can be for him <3

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

oh and he definitely eats 3 times a day! sometimes maybe 4 but just not as much each time! he wouldnt let me not feed him if I tried!! I would come home to him eating my furniture or something! This is all a huge learning experience for me so anything that anyone thinks would be helpful in general would be great too! I want to be the best mommy I can be for him <3
    I think the first thing you have to do is get him off Beneful. There are major recalls of that food with many dogs dying from it. There is a food rating on the home page and you can pick a food that is better for Boss that will fit within you budget. Many of them are all stage foods so I won't matter how old he is. Please if nothing else just stop feeding the Beneful.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It sounds like bile to me too. Too much acid in the belly. He may just need some Omeprazole (prilosec) for a week or two to calm his stomach down. Call your vet and ask them about it.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Please please don't take this negatively, but I would stay far away from Purina - like FAR FAR away. That is not a quality food. If you want something quality & grain free, that doesn't break the bank, try BLUE, Merrick, Natural Balance... the better quality food will highly improve him overall health wise. Alot of members including myself feed FROMMs, but they are higher priced for sure. We did Natural Balance & BLUE for years and were very happy. Choose grain free. You actually don't want bullies to put on too much weight, the heavier they are the harder on their joints, etc. When you switch (please do asap if possible), please transition. So do 3/4 his current kibble, and 1/4 of new, and slowly increase if you see no negative reactions. I'm curious to see if the food change helps the vomiting as well. Also, adding a teaspoon of plain greek yogurt.. do things slowly ... one at a time. So if you're switching foods, start that. Make sure he's adjusted, then add the yogurt... too much at once could also upset his belly.

He is the CUTEST!!! Also, as soon as he tears those toys apart, remove them immediately. They will swallow anything, and again obstruction... no bueno. Its better to always supervise while they have toys. Keep us updated!!! Please

My whole heart, Tyson.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Yes I do make sure to remove the toys asap when they are chewed up... I've actually been taking them away as soon as he gets a good hole in them and I can see any fluff at all. Which is usually the day I buy them or at the latest the next day lol. My boyfriend is going to buy him new food tonight so I will send him with the suggestions you all gave me (thank you so much!) and hopefully he will find something that will work properly for him and that we can keep happily feeding him for a long time to come!

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Yes I do make sure to remove the toys asap when they are chewed up... I've actually been taking them away as soon as he gets a good hole in them and I can see any fluff at all. Which is usually the day I buy them or at the latest the next day lol. My boyfriend is going to buy him new food tonight so I will send him with the suggestions you all gave me (thank you so much!) and hopefully he will find something that will work properly for him and that we can keep happily feeding him for a long time to come!
    SO SO happy he's getting a better food! That will help so much.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads