YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Kind of like that, but not so swollen, and location is under the paw, close to where my finger is in my pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Gotcha - :) doesn't look like a cyst per say .... Just looks like he may have cut himself on something & it got irritated. Should be good with the cleanse & some Neosporin. Cysts look more like a "blister" With those I would do Epsom salt dip.... But his looks like he has some broken skin so may hurt. I'd stick w just the warm water & Neosporin. Tyson gets pricklies there from our walks & they make him bleed sometimes, I have to pick them out - maybe that's what he got too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm sure with the clean & neo - he'll be all good by morning :) just repeat tomorrow if still looks sore.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Gotcha - :) doesn't look like a cyst per say .... Just looks like he may have cut himself on something & it got irritated. Should be good with the cleanse & some Neosporin. Cysts look more like a "blister" With those I would do Epsom salt dip.... But his looks like he has some broken skin so may hurt. I'd stick w just the warm water & Neosporin. Tyson gets pricklies there & they make him bleed sometimes, I have to pick them out - maybe that's what he got too.

Thanks! I appreciate the fast replies. He will hopefully mend up quickly.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sure thing :) anytime! they are tough little boogers / have a good night!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
lil man is still limping, he lounges around while we are at work, so hopefully close to 24 hours rest will help. Thanks for checking in!

Oh Taco :) I'd clean & reapply neosporin today. If its not "open" anymore.. maybe clean with a little hydrogen peroxide. Keep us posted!

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Oh Taco :) I'd clean & reapply neosporin today. If its not "open" anymore.. maybe clean with a little hydrogen peroxide. Keep us posted!

Will do tonight! Problem is he will lick it, so maybe hydrogen peroxide.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
no vet yet, wait a couple of days. If you have nsaids - anti inflammatory, you can give him those in the meantime for pain.

I had a similar situation. After the nsaids, he was fine.

Did you use nsaids for dogs, or just excedarin or something? My wife said he was in pain this morning.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Did you use nsaids for dogs, or just excedarin or something? My wife said he was in pain this morning.

Did she check his paw to see how it looked? OTC meds for dogs are iffy. If you must, you could do Aspirin, (5mg per lb) no more than every 12 hrs, and def not for long term use. Stay away from Tylenol, or Ibuprofen.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
non steroidical anti inflammatory drugs - nsaids.

Did she check his paw to see how it looked? OTC meds for dogs are iffy. If you must, you could do Aspirin, (5mg per lb) no more than every 12 hrs, and def not for long term use. Stay away from Tylenol, or Ibuprofen.

She probably did, we are having trouble getting in touch with each other, storm hitting tomorrow so work is crazy. I will probably just have to wait till this evening around 6pm. I was reading that Asprin was ok, but not for anything long term. And should be avoided if possible.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Well, he's still got a bit of a limp, but it's getting better. However, we have noticed that he does have interdigital cyst on his other paws, and that he is getting a dry spot behind one of his ears. I'm going to chalk this up to diet, but want to make sure I take the right steps to start fixing it. Nothing good happens fast, right?

Taco is currently on Natures Recipe Easy Digest: Salmon and Sweet Potato. It was the only thing we could get him to keep down after we rescued him. We were able to put about 15lbs on him, and he is sitting exactly how he should look. Taco's stools are usually firm enough to bag up, but loose enough that if it was on grass it would leave smudges, and I know this is not how it should be. Although I think he might be blowing his coat, he's always shed quite a bit, and I was reading that these guys should only need a bath about once a year,. Taco gets a bath every month, which he loves! Now that we've packed the weight on him, and he's adjusted to his new lifestyle a little better, I'm betting a lot of these issues are diet.

I'm getting ready to switch to Fromms Chicken A La Veg. Fromms seems to have the support of the community, and I would love to do raw, but don't see myself having the time or money to invest with that route. I plan to do the switch slowly, by using a half half mix for the rest of our bag, so probably over 2-3 weeks. I hope this will alleviate some of the recent issues that are popping up.

Most Reactions