Limping

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Do I just brought Taco in from the dog park, and he's got a limp. I didn't see anything in his paws, but I'm not sure if it's worth a vet visit, I mean, what will the vet say, keep him still for as much as possible? He's in good spirits, and appetite is definitely there, should I see how he does for the next few days?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Do I just brought Taco in from the dog park, and he's got a limp. I didn't see anything in his paws, but I'm not sure if it's worth a vet visit, I mean, what will the vet say, keep him still for as much as possible? He's in good spirits, and appetite is definitely there, should I see how he does for the next few days?

No vet just yet.. he may have pulled something playing & running - or even be sore. Rest him up, limited activity for tonight, and see how he is in the morning - even a little massage would help. :) Do you have Taco on joint supplements?

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
No vet just yet.. he may have pulled something playing & running - or even be sore. Rest him up, limited activity for tonight, and see how he is in the morning - even a little massage would help. :) Do you have Taco on joint supplements?

Hey there, thanks for the quick reply. I imagine I'm just being a worried dad. Already hid the toys and gave a little massage which he seemed to enjoy. No supplements, any recommendations? He plays hard, moderation is not really in his vocabulary.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey there, thanks for the quick reply. I imagine I'm just being a worried dad. Already hid the toys and gave a little massage which he seemed to enjoy. No supplements, any recommendations? He plays hard, moderation is not really in his vocabulary.

Heh, I think we can all relate with the worrisome :)

I would def get him on a joint suppl. We personally use Nujoint, but anything Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM is just fine. Here's the link for Nujoint if you want to check it out :)

Products

And the moderation part, been there... try your very best... hopefully its just a sore muscle, and he'll be back to tip top shape in the AM !

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
no vet yet, wait a couple of days. If you have nsaids - anti inflammatory, you can give him those in the meantime for pain.

I had a similar situation. After the nsaids, he was fine.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Nuvet is a great supp.

Thanks!

Heh, I think we can all relate with the worrisome :)

I would def get him on a joint suppl. We personally use Nujoint, but anything Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM is just fine. Here's the link for Nujoint if you want to check it out :)

Products[

And the moderation part, been there... try your very best... hopefully its just a sore muscle, and he'll be back to tip top shape in the AM !

Thanks for the link, I'll get him squared away!

no vet yet, wait a couple of days. If you have nsaids - anti inflammatory, you can give him those in the meantime for pain.

I had a similar situation. After the nsaids, he was fine.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and keep him down, he's already huffing around looking for a toy, leads me to believe he will be alright.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Yes its best just to rest him for awhile.We are having this issue with our boy..vet said she thinks he might have a partial ligament tear..Both of ours are on a joint Supp.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree… give it a few days, and you can limit his mobility if you feel like he's in crazy mode. This is very common in bulldogs...

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I waited till the wife got home, inspected his paws, and it looks like he tore it open a bit inside a "toe" if you will. He's walking lightly on it, not his actual leg or muscle. Although still concerned, I am better knowing what it is. I presume just let it be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13366]YHSublime[/MENTION] - I would clean it with some warm water - dry it & apply some Neosporin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
[MENTION=13366]YHSublime[/MENTION] - I would clean it with some warm water - dry it & apply some Neosporin.

Thanks! Will do that. It looks like a little ball swole up in there.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13366]YHSublime[/MENTION] Sounds more like an interdigital cyst then. Not so much a cut, you say it's round? Is it in between toes on webbing part?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13366]YHSublime[/MENTION] - like this?
4b840f07292509eed3ef91bc07ffd95b.jpg

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I don't know what that is, but I came home, he was walking fine, dog park happened, and he started limping there. Here are some pictures, sorry if they are not super, it's hard to get them. It's I between the center pad of his paw and the "big toe," pardon my scientific identification. It's not I between the toes on which I presume would be the webbing.

5b2b6a745c264bcfac3439b331dd35c4.jpg

d052e87532b7d6209151bdbda83a7b24.jpg

a11e2a6b8c1ce68bf95d015e28ca6268.jpg

1eb86bc652c0306c832126b52476d478.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.