Bartthebulldog

Bartthebulldog

Feb 25, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bart
Just to let you know, with O we have to use two of the balls. A large one and a smaller one because she never does anything the easy way.

Haha Bart is the same way. I was thinking of using both bowls of an elevated dish for each meal. Half his meal in each and each with a ball in the bowl. We will see how that goes.

OP
Bartthebulldog

Bartthebulldog

Feb 25, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bart
So we took Bart in to the vet today and everything looks good. The vet checked for any respiratory and obstruction issues and it was all good. He told us to continue feeding how we have been, elevated and slow, and that we will get the pallet surgery at about 10-11 months.

Thanks for everyones feedback and support!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Yes, Lola regurgitated (and still occasionally does) because of her fast eating of her raw food patties. Thankfully she never passed out but before her palate surgery, her tongue turned blue and it took what felt like forever to get her to breathe again. She had her palate surgery done at 2 years on the dot (they are still growing quickly through 2 years of age). And we switched to a raw frozen kibble which makes her eat slowly. So so scary, i want to give you guys a hug for what you've been through. Please check out all of our posts on the palate surgery. Lola is SO MUCH better now. I wouldn't hesitate getting it done earlier than 2 years if it is bad though.

Most Reactions