ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I took Walter in today because he's been blinking on/off all week, and I thought he might have an ulcerā€¦ he almost got a claw in his eye last night. Well the vet confirmed today that he has distachiaā€¦ OF COURSE!!! Right now he only has 2 eyelashes in each eye that are internal. She knows my history, and she told me that she normally lasers them off but she will do some research to see if she can maybe freeze them off so he won't have to go under anesthesia. I can NOT believe my frigging luckā€¦ :( He's home w/eye ointment and medsā€¦ I don't even know what to say...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh No! poor Walter. Did the vet say when he'll have to have the procedure done? at least for the time being he has the ointment to keep his eyes lubricated.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh no! Mr. Walter... poor baby. I remember I thought Tyson had ectropion once, and it scared me half to death too! It sounds like your vet is great though, esp if she is looking into other options for him to avoid going under. Praying for the very best, I know Walter will be just fine, he has a wonderful mama.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh No! poor Walter. Did the vet say when he'll have to have the procedure done? at least for the time being he has the ointment to keep his eyes lubricated.

No she said she is doing research right now to see options. She knows how nerve-racking this will be for us, considering everything that we have been thru lately :( I'm hoping she can just pluck them and pray they don't come backā€¦

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Unfreakingreal!!

Poor baby and poor you.. Hopefully she can freeze them off.

But, if he needs to go under- have them look at his palate to make sure everything's fine. I did that with Blue. He had his palate and Cherry eye done at the same time.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Unfreakingreal!!

Poor baby and poor you.. Hopefully she can freeze them off.

But, if he needs to go under- have them look at his palate to make sure everything's fine. I did that with Blue. He had his palate and Cherry eye done at the same time.

If he goes under I will tell her to check them out, but honestly I think she will have to put me under tooā€¦ LMAO!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Walter Man,

Is there a difference between this and Entropion?:(

Yesā€¦ Entropion is where the eyelid fold inward and causes irritation. My Walter died after his entropion surgeryā€¦ it was awful :*(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Tracey, how much more can you have to stress about, my lovely GF?

You know I cover you with prayer (yes, I repented of questioning GOD
and being angry HE doesn't do things like I would, lol ). Sending lots of
love, strength & peace (somehow, someway) to you.

You, I and Lynn [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] BETTER have some front row seats in Heaven
and there better be Happy Hour ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby boy, and you. :( But this too will pass and he will get better.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh geez, this is not good news at all! I know they could be plucked without anesthesia but it would think freezing would also require anesthesia. I cannot imagine how stressed and scared this is making you feel. :( sending love and prayers to you and Wally Gator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh NO Tracey! I'm so sorry! Your luck HAS to change soon! I'm wondering how the vet could do anything to his eye without putting him under? It sounds like you have a great vet though. I'm sending you and Walter positive thoughts!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.