brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no! Good lord, it never stops. I will pray he can have them plucked and that is that.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh Tracey! I am sorry to hear this. You have faith in your vet. Maybe she can just pluck, and maybe tjat will take care of it. hoping,hoping :pray2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: Good LORD, Tracey, serious -- who's Cheerios did you piss in that is so pissed off at you?

Sending lots of positive thoughts that the vet can freeze them off

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for the support guys… I'm REALLY hoping that she can just pluck them, she is going to do some research into it. She KNOWS how terrified I am of putting Walter under… I can't even…

I just REALLY REALLY wish I could catch a damn break… PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! :hissycry:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tracey, sometimes distichia doesn't require any surgery or intervention, unless of course it's bothering him and it sounds like it has been b/c of his blinking. I wonder if you can check w/Walter's breeder and see if either one of his parents had this since it's hereditary and what they did for them? or do you know any of his litter mates? just wondering if maybe they can give u some insight. Just thinking out loud...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey, sometimes distichia doesn't require any surgery or intervention, unless of course it's bothering him and it sounds like it has been b/c of his blinking. I wonder if you can check w/Walter's breeder and see if either one of his parents had this since it's hereditary and what they did for them? or do you know any of his litter mates? just wondering if maybe they can give u some insight. Just thinking out loud...

I'm going to check w/her to see… it is bothering him in his left eye, but not the right one.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Cami has this and the Vet refused to do anything saying she didn't need either
procedure. Occasionally, if she's blinking, I'll put lubricating drops in and seems
to stop it. Allergies & Benadryl dries eyes out I guess. I keep a close watch on
her and check her eyes to make sure no changes. At vet visits I insist they look
at them to make sure she's comfortable still w/ no changes. Losing Brutus in
dental cleaning has left me paranoid and in your case, very understandable!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Gosh I think I'd use a nose hair clipper, the straight flat kind, and just shave them.... In a perfect world they'd sit still too! Good luck with the waiting for an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
Praying for you and sending positives vibes that your vet will be able to find an option without anesthesia!!

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Oh poor Walter. Many prayers for a great alternative for him. You don't need anymore stress this year.:assurred:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
On no Tracey:( I think she can probably just pluck them... if it's just two hairs... even if they grow back you'll notice if the hairs are bothering him again. Hope your vet finds a good solution for you so you can feel relaxed:hug: Doesn't Cheryl do the Plucking with Baby O? I might be wrong but I think so... [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.