Veterinarian Recommendations

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi @TessaAndSamsson!
In response to Dr. Butchko- is the clinic clean?? Someone told me not to go because her dog caught Kennel Cough. She spent about 2 hours waiting and didn't get to see Dr. Butchko at all. She saw someone else. Have you heard of this happening??
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ... any insight?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi @TessaAndSamsson! In response to Dr. Butchko- is the clinic clean?? Someone told me not to go because her dog caught Kennel Cough. She spent about 2 hours waiting and didn't get to see Dr. Butchko at all. She saw someone else. Have you heard of this happening??
Ok..I have never been there..but know people who have. I've seen pictures and it looked fine in the pictures, as far as cleanliness. One of our members @Fontanafox uses them for her regular vet. Maybe try sending her a Private Message. She isnt on much lately, but might get your PM. I do know you wit a long time. It's first ome first serve, no appts. And there are other vets..but I have never heard you couldn't see Butchko. As far as kennel cough...I suppose if your dog isn't vaccinated for it, they could get anywhere. I'm not much help..but I've never heard anything negative...other than the horrible wait time. There is a great clinic in Santa Ana too. Call Southern Calif Bulldog Rescue nd ask for a referral. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
can someone reccomend a good EB vet in San Antonio , TX? im moving on april 8th and would like to be prepared! thanks in advance!

Are any of these near you....

Animal Health & Medical Center
Dr. Allen J. Bolt
Abilene, TX 79608
325-695-7140

Radford Hills Animal Clinic
Dr. Mark Leavell
Abilene, TX
325-672-3090

Brittmore Animal Hospital
Dr. Matt Dikeman or Dr. Kit Kampschmidt
Houston, Texas
713-468-8253

Dr. Kirk Esmond
Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
2150 North Josey Lane, Ste 106
Carrollton, Texas 75006

Critter Care Animal Hospital
Amna Plummer, DVM
13040 Dairy Ashford
Sugar Land, TX 77478
281-494-7700
www.crittercareonline.com

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I found our bulldog vet on this site and have been very, very pleased with him. His name is Dr. Randall Carpenter. He's in Grand Rapids, MI. He is wonderful about explaining what is going on with our dog and really knows this breed. I am so grateful to have found him on here. :thanks:

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
We first went to Center City Veterinarian Hospital because it was the only place I've ever seen have a five star rating on Yelp with more than 40 reviews.

Here's there information:
http://centercityvet.com

Lou has seen both Dr. Cohen and Dr. Zehnder.

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
New to bulldogs. OUr vet is great with the boxer breed, but it sounds like you really need a vet that knows bulldogs....I am in Farmington, Michigan...any recommendations? The link that seemed to list the vets is broken??? thank you!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I would like to recommend two NH veterinarians.

Our primary vet is Dr. Deb Kelloway of AVC (Advanced Veterinary Care) located at 55 Carl Drive, Manchester, NH. (603) 669-2002. Having bulldogs herself, she knows and understands the breed so I trust her with Henry's care. She and her staff are just amazing, competent and caring professionals. The office is very clean and their rates are affordable. She also is knowledgeable of giant breeds and has been amazing with our mastiff Molly, who has undergone several surgeries under her care. She was even quick to give us her cell phone number to call her directly with any questions or concerns during the time when Molly fell ill.

Henry's secondary vet is Dr. Nick Cassotis, an Ophthalmologist at Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital in Portsmouth, NH. The place is incredibly clean and the staff were very friendly, kind and professional. They let us know up front the costs that would be involved with his surgery and all his follow up visits were incorporated in the original fee. There were no surprises. Dr Cassotis was open and honest with us, sharing possible complications that could result performing the surgery Henry needed being such a young pup, and allowing us to make an informed decision based on all the facts of benefits and risks involved. They are located at 215 Commerce Way #100, in Portsmouth, NH. (603) 433-0056.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Ive only been twice, but Platte Woods Animal Hospital in Kansas City does a GREAT job. Two of the techs/receptionists have multiple EBDs and the vet seems to give extra care to the knees and hips of Colossus. Ive only seem Dr Armstrong.

(816) 741-8600
5901 NW 72nd St, Kansas City, MO 64151
I-29 & 72nd St

fosteroni

Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
Dr. David Volz
The Animal Clinic of Woodland Park
801 East Hwy 24
Woodland Park, CO 80866

Dr. Volz and his staff are loving, kind, and go out of their way to make you and your bullies safe, welcome, and healthy. This is a small business owned by Dr. Volz - he has one other vet working with him, an extremely knowledgeable vet tech (who owns a Bully!), and a large base of Bulldog clients. We have always been impressed with Dr. Volz's knowledge of the breed. He came with HIGH recommendation from our breeder. Many members of the Bulldog Club Colorado Springs take their bullies to Dr. Volz for their entire life cycle. :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Anybody know of a good bulldog vet in Austin (preferrably South). I will be moving to Kyle which is south of Austin. Right now I take her the Banfield clinic but I don't really feel I am getting the best care there. The list does not have a bully vet near Austin.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
For anyone in Massachusetts I go to an amazing vet named Dr.Maryanne Sefchuk who owns her own bulldogs and used to breed and show bulldogs! She is very knowledgeable with the breed and has a huge clientele of bulldogs! I HIGHLY recommend her!

VCA North Main Street Veterinary Clinic
Dr. Maryanne Sefchuk
1116 N Main St.
Brockton, MA 02301
(508) 584-1476

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
For anyone in Southern Ontario around the Guelph Animal, Dr. Renee Fleming is amazing, and owns bulldogs of her own - who else better to treat yours! She just loves Ramsay - always plays on the floor with him for 15 minutes before doing his checkup. Definitely recommend her for any dog with a 'squished face'!

Guelph Animal Hospital
110 Gordon St
Guelph, ON
519-836-2782
See more at: http://guelphvet.ca/contact-guelph-veterinarian/#sthash.rEVzcweH.dpuf

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online