Veterinarian Recommendations

ScuttleGirl

Sep 15, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Scuttle
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Bissell at Coastal Veterinary Hospital in Jacksonville, FL. He is experienced with English Bulldogs and owns them himself. He takes the time to talk to me and answers ALL of my many questions and always makes me feel like I have his undivided attention. The office staff is very nice as well and they always call me a few days later to check on us!

Coastal Veterinary Hospital
13431 Beach Blvd (Beach/Hodges)
Jacksonville, FL 32246
904-223-4360

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] here is a great bully vet for people who live in Orlando or Tampa Fl. It's a bit of a drive for them but worth it. We have taken one of our females to her for A.I. It is Highland Animal Hospital, Lakeland Fl. Vets name is Beverly Brimacomb 863-644-6634

Last edited:

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Hi everyone, I am owned by a soon to be 2 yr old Bully Daizy and an 18 mth old Frenchie Duke. I am in Brampton,, ON Canada and do not see any recommendations for vets in this neck of the woods. Does anybody have any recommendations? I am currently on my 3rd vet (very picky about who takes care of the furbabies) and not feeling the love, if you know what I mean. Are there Canadians on this forum? Need some help, having an entropian issue - 1st vet says dont worry its fine, 2nd vet took one look at her and asked why I hadn't had it fixed yet. SO need someone really good. Thanks

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
good morning, and welcome
do you go online? if so, go to the Bulldog club of Canada. or you may find some one the US AKC
site, look up (on the CKC ) for breeder referrals, go to those names . and they will have links on those names. --email them, and ask who they use as their Bulldog Vet !!
another way is to go online and type in which ever Bulldog breed you have, and the word club of Ontario!!! and you should be able to find breeders ,and then good vets!!!
if you have any trouble ,let me know. good luck.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi everyone, I am owned by a soon to be 2 yr old Bully Daizy and an 18 mth old Frenchie Duke. I am in Brampton,, ON Canada and do not see any recommendations for vets in this neck of the woods. Does anybody have any recommendations? I am currently on my 3rd vet (very picky about who takes care of the furbabies) and not feeling the love, if you know what I mean. Are there Canadians on this forum? Need some help, having an entropian issue - 1st vet says dont worry its fine, 2nd vet took one look at her and asked why I hadn't had it fixed yet. SO need someone really good. Thanks

Hi,

Here's one not too far from you, just past Milton. Very knowledgeable about the breed and was recommended by the Bulldog Club of Central Canada. They have many bulldogs as clients. Dr. Jenn did Stig's cherry eye surgery and turned out very well. She answered all my questions about anaesthesia and other concerns. Dr. Stephen owns the clinic and is highly recommended as well.

Brookville Veterinary Clinic
11280 Guelph Line RR 1
Campbellville, Ontario
L0P 1B0
Phone: (905) 854-2216
Fax: (905) 854-1169

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Hi Linda,

I was given a referal from the Bulldog Club of Canada, and then found some not so great reviews. I have emailed breeders in the area and either have received no response or was told to go to my breeder. As I hav been recommended Brookville before I think I will bring Daizy in and see what they have to say about Daizy's entropian. Doesn't hurt for a meet and greet, right? My sister thinks my expectations are too high in vet care. I dont think they are high enough..lol, thanks Linda

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Hi savemejeebus,
I have heard of Brookville clinic before. So I think I will bring in Daizy for a 3rd opinion. Anesthetic issues are why I just left vet #2, (gave Phenobarbital as an inductor prior to neuter surgery, tech told me my dog has seizures, vet told me SOP) Thanks for the advice

I

ImAGuinneyPig

I've got a recommendation for my Canuck friends in the GTA.

We go to The Animal Clinic in downtown Toronto. Phone is 416-868-1545.

We have taken Guinness there since day one and love it. All of the staff is super friendly, and they know everyone's name, furry or not.

Any of the 4 vets on staff are fantastic. Dr. John, one of the two owners of the practice, used to breed French Bulldogs, so is very well versed in the special needs and issues our Bullies can sometimes have.

This is known as a Bully friendly and specialized practice. They have a lot of brachycephalic clients because they are so knowledgeable.

They are a tad pricier than I am used to, but is worth every penny, and they never force anything on you.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
I've got a recommendation for my Canuck friends in the GTA.

We go to The Animal Clinic in downtown Toronto. Phone is 416-868-1545.

We have taken Guinness there since day one and love it. All of the staff is super friendly, and they know everyone's name, furry or not.

Any of the 4 vets on staff are fantastic. Dr. John, one of the two owners of the practice, used to breed French Bulldogs, so is very well versed in the special needs and issues our Bullies can sometimes have.

This is known as a Bully friendly and specialized practice. They have a lot of brachycephalic clients because they are so knowledgeable.

They are a tad pricier than I am used to, but is worth every penny, and they never force anything on you.
may i ask the name of the clinic? we live in the highpark area, and i drive to oakville for our bully vet. i dont really want to switch but in the event of an emergency its always good to know of another bully vet.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

may i ask the name of the clinic? we live in the highpark area, and i drive to oakville for our bully vet. i dont really want to switch but in the event of an emergency its always good to know of another bully vet.

It is actually called The Animal Clinic :) Located at 106 Mutual St, right by Ryerson.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I wanted to recommend Wauwatosa Vet Clinic:

2600 Wauwatosa Ave.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53213
414-475-5155

And Odyssey Veterinary Care:

2934 Chapel Valley Road
Fitchburg, WI 53711

(608) 288-7838

I had 2 different vets because I lived in both areas. Neither are on the BCA website of approved vets so you might still want to check that out if your bulldog needs surgery. However I just had such great experiances with both.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I would like to recommend my vet. Their office manager has bred bulldogs and the entire staff is very knowledgable and great with bulldogs (and other pets). They also have boarding on the premises.

Long Island, NY:

Sachem Animal Hospital
227 Union Avenue
Holbrook, NY 11741

631-467-2121
631-467-1420 (fax)

Veterinarians: Dr. Barry Lissman, Dr. Howard Camay, Dr. Andrea O'Keefe, Dr. Joseph Palmeri, Dr. John Corso

Services: Hospital Services (state-of-the-art); wellness exams; clinical laboratory; immunizations; parasite control; ultrasonic dental care; surgery; radiology; ultrasonography; endoscopy; videoscopic examinations; ocular tonometry; electrocardiology; boarding; grooming

Hours:
Mon-Thur: 9am-8pm
Fri: 9am-5pm
Sat: 9am-2pm
Sun: 9am-12noon

early 7am-9am drop-off M-F

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.