Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Veterinarian Recommendations

Bulldog(s) Names
    Scuttle
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Veterinarian Recommendations

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Bissell at Coastal Veterinary Hospital in Jacksonville, FL. He is experienced with English Bulldogs and owns them himself. He takes the time to talk to me and answers ALL of my many questions and always makes me feel like I have his undivided attention. The office staff is very nice as well and they always call me a few days later to check on us!

Coastal Veterinary Hospital
    13431 Beach Blvd (Beach/Hodges)
    Jacksonville, FL 32246
    904-223-4360

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs here is a great bully vet for people who live in Orlando or Tampa Fl. It's a bit of a drive for them but worth it. We have taken one of our females to her for A.I. It is Highland Animal Hospital, Lakeland Fl. Vets name is Beverly Brimacomb 863-644-6634
    Last edited by Davidh; 11-21-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Potty Trainer Daizy and Dukes mom's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daizy & Duke
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone, I am owned by a soon to be 2 yr old Bully Daizy and an 18 mth old Frenchie Duke. I am in Brampton,, ON Canada and do not see any recommendations for vets in this neck of the woods. Does anybody have any recommendations? I am currently on my 3rd vet (very picky about who takes care of the furbabies) and not feeling the love, if you know what I mean. Are there Canadians on this forum? Need some help, having an entropian issue - 1st vet says dont worry its fine, 2nd vet took one look at her and asked why I hadn't had it fixed yet. SO need someone really good. Thanks

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

good morning, and welcome
    do you go online? if so, go to the Bulldog club of Canada. or you may find some one the US AKC
    site, look up (on the CKC ) for breeder referrals, go to those names . and they will have links on those names. --email them, and ask who they use as their Bulldog Vet !!
    another way is to go online and type in which ever Bulldog breed you have, and the word club of Ontario!!! and you should be able to find breeders ,and then good vets!!!
    if you have any trouble ,let me know. good luck.
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy and Dukes mom View Post
    Hi everyone, I am owned by a soon to be 2 yr old Bully Daizy and an 18 mth old Frenchie Duke. I am in Brampton,, ON Canada and do not see any recommendations for vets in this neck of the woods. Does anybody have any recommendations? I am currently on my 3rd vet (very picky about who takes care of the furbabies) and not feeling the love, if you know what I mean. Are there Canadians on this forum? Need some help, having an entropian issue - 1st vet says dont worry its fine, 2nd vet took one look at her and asked why I hadn't had it fixed yet. SO need someone really good. Thanks
    Hi,

Here's one not too far from you, just past Milton. Very knowledgeable about the breed and was recommended by the Bulldog Club of Central Canada. They have many bulldogs as clients. Dr. Jenn did Stig's cherry eye surgery and turned out very well. She answered all my questions about anaesthesia and other concerns. Dr. Stephen owns the clinic and is highly recommended as well.

Brookville Veterinary Clinic
    11280 Guelph Line RR 1
    Campbellville, Ontario
    L0P 1B0
    Phone: (905) 854-2216
    Fax: (905) 854-1169
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Daizy & Duke
    Likes (Received)

Hi Linda,

I was given a referal from the Bulldog Club of Canada, and then found some not so great reviews. I have emailed breeders in the area and either have received no response or was told to go to my breeder. As I hav been recommended Brookville before I think I will bring Daizy in and see what they have to say about Daizy's entropian. Doesn't hurt for a meet and greet, right? My sister thinks my expectations are too high in vet care. I dont think they are high enough..lol, thanks Linda

Bulldog(s) Names
    Daizy & Duke
    Likes (Received)

Hi savemejeebus,
    I have heard of Brookville clinic before. So I think I will bring in Daizy for a 3rd opinion. Anesthetic issues are why I just left vet #2, (gave Phenobarbital as an inductor prior to neuter surgery, tech told me my dog has seizures, vet told me SOP) Thanks for the advice

Real Name
    Alicia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey and Louie
    Likes (Received)

hi everyone...I live in Holland, Michigan and when looking on here I seen that there was only reccomendation for a vet in Michigan....I have an AWESOME bully vet located in Grand Rapids,MI
    Family Friends Veterinary Hospital..... the vet I use there is Dr. Carpenter

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!"

Bulldog(s) Names
    UGA and Bella
    Likes (Received)

Crossroads West Veterinary Center
    10950 Three Chopt Road, Richmond, VA 23233

http://www.facebook.com/crossroadswestvetcenter

There are photos and videos on his Facebook page from out C-section too
    Last edited by FatBulldogz; 12-05-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Blue Ravine Animal Hospital
    Folsom, Ca 916-984-0990

ImAGuinneyPig

I've got a recommendation for my Canuck friends in the GTA.

We go to The Animal Clinic in downtown Toronto. Phone is 416-868-1545.

We have taken Guinness there since day one and love it. All of the staff is super friendly, and they know everyone's name, furry or not.

Any of the 4 vets on staff are fantastic. Dr. John, one of the two owners of the practice, used to breed French Bulldogs, so is very well versed in the special needs and issues our Bullies can sometimes have.

This is known as a Bully friendly and specialized practice. They have a lot of brachycephalic clients because they are so knowledgeable.

They are a tad pricier than I am used to, but is worth every penny, and they never force anything on you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gregory
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAGuinneyPig View Post
    I've got a recommendation for my Canuck friends in the GTA.

We go to The Animal Clinic in downtown Toronto. Phone is 416-868-1545.

We have taken Guinness there since day one and love it. All of the staff is super friendly, and they know everyone's name, furry or not.

Any of the 4 vets on staff are fantastic. Dr. John, one of the two owners of the practice, used to breed French Bulldogs, so is very well versed in the special needs and issues our Bullies can sometimes have.

This is known as a Bully friendly and specialized practice. They have a lot of brachycephalic clients because they are so knowledgeable.

They are a tad pricier than I am used to, but is worth every penny, and they never force anything on you.
    may i ask the name of the clinic? we live in the highpark area, and i drive to oakville for our bully vet. i dont really want to switch but in the event of an emergency its always good to know of another bully vet.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Remove Ads