Raised red line in eye

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
A few days ago I noticed a dark red line in franks eye. It almost looks like it's raised. It goes from the outside of his eye to the pupil. Anyone else seen this in their pups? I have a vet appointment tomorrow for his allergies so I will be sure to ask about it and let everyone know what the vet says.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
can you post a picture of it? Best you can

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
At first I thought there was no way I'd be able to get a pic of this squirming pup but I did... this was the best I could get!

70durs.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At first I thought there was no way I'd be able to get a pic of this squirming pup but I did... this was the best I could get!

70durs.jpg

I can see it, but can not totally make it out. My girl always had brown marks in the white of her eyes that our vet told us were nothing and normal. But, i am not saying that is what this is since i can not really make it out. I say if it is not bothering him and his eyes are not runny... next vet visit have them take a look at it

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
A few days ago I noticed a dark red line in franks eye. It almost looks like it's raised. It goes from the outside of his eye to the pupil. Anyone else seen this in their pups? I have a vet appointment tomorrow for his allergies so I will be sure to ask about it and let everyone know what the vet says.

Goob has those exact lines too (along with brown spots). Let us know what the vet says. I have never asked. I know that the brown spots aren't anything to be concerned about. I think BLACK is bad? True? Maybe someone with more knowledge can offer better info!!!

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Vet appointment cancelled due to the awful weather we are having here today! Rescheduled for Thursday. I'll be sure to update this topic after. I have to say I'm glad someone else's pup has them to. everything I've read online leads me to believe its nothing to be worried about, but I'll feel better once I talk to the vet.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus has some visible red veins that I was worried about when he was a puppy but the vet said it was pretty normal for bulldogs. He still has them. I can't really tell from your picture what your guy's eye looks like, but if it isn't bothering him I'm hoping it's nothing bad.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
vet said this was very normal and nothing to be worried about, not a sign of hypertension, nothing. just normal dog stuff :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo will be four years old in May and he has these. I think you are fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.