help please poppy rubbing her behind ??

deanokel

Feb 15, 2015
nottinghamshire u.k
Country
england
Bulldog(s) Names
poppy
new here .. so first of all hi to all :) . our female bully poppy is rubbing her behind on carpet and itching on side of her bed i know this is normally a sign of worms but done the not so good checking of her poop which i found none ... she is currently under treatment with antibiotics and pain killers due to her coming to us with an infected cut on her leg so could the medication be causing this ? any infomation would be great

thanks all in advance :yes:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
My rescue bully, Mickey, used to rub his body and butt on the brick around the fireplace. Mickey had a deep tail pocket. I believe it used to itch him somehow. I used to put lavender oil on and around his tail and tail pocket. This seemed to help. The itching along the side of the body he did on my bed and the fireplace. I'm not sure what caused that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... it could be her tail pocket needs to be cleaned or her anal glands need to be expressed

Grecbro

Dec 5, 2014
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Hey..our bully does that sometimes as well and we discovered that she has an inverted vulva.. We basically just clean that area once a day or whenever we see it's bothering her. We actually have a medicated ointment that we mix with water to clean her. Got it from our vet.. But just a thought, that may be it. Good luck!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
One thing i learned here is at the top of this page is a search engine, you enter a topic; food, tail pocket etc. This will take you to threads related to that topic it has been a blessing covering so many topics; seizures, cancer, spay and pet insurance etc.
:hiii::welcome:so glad you are here we truly care for Bullys and try to help in many different ways. Hope Poppy gets better and good luck with puppy hood we are here when you need - love each other fiercely

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
Most likely worms. All dogs have them if not dewormed. The most common symptom is exactly what you describe: rubbing/itching butt. When did you last deworm your puppy? If over half a year ago, I'd do just that.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As others have said it's either the tail pocket needs cleaned or the anal glands expressed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online