Corkscrew tail but no tail pocket?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Is this possible? He's only 8 months, could a tail pocket still form as he gets older? I'm not quite sure I'm feeling in the right spot but I got as far as I could under his tail as he was comfortable with. I do daily wipes to clean up any poo left behind but was not checking for a tail pocket. Anyone have a corkscrew bully tail with no pocket?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it can develop as they continue to grow and the hips shift positions. Just keep a watchful eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes it can develop as they continue to grow and the hips shift positions. Just keep a watchful eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed ^^^^^

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I thought we got lucky with winslow's low maintenance tail pocket. Barely ever needed a wipe!
He's just coming on two years now, and needs it cleaned out every few days. Otherwise he scoots and makes these, "uuuhgh, godddd!" sounds until i get in there.

And now.. I forget what type of tail he has. My favorite description is "whipped cream" tail, though not very technical. :p

Hopefully you will be lucky and never have any issue with it!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie has a corkscrew tail with no pocket. I still have to clean under it twice a day for residue but thats it no pocket

minavag

Dec 31, 2013
Country
Greece
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully
My 1 1/2 years old Bully too has a cork screw tail without a pocket .I clean it 1-2 per week.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.