White Blood Cells in Urine and No bacteria??

snickle

Jan 31, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi,

My little girl has had white blood cells in her urine but no bacteria, and she was put on antibiotics for this previously, and it came back so she wen tback on antibiotics, and once she was finished, i had her urine checked to make sure she's clear but she still has a high presence of white blood cells but no bacteria in her urine. Her kidneys are functioning fine the vet said but now i'm worried. has anyone else encountered this??
i know white blood cells mean infection so i know somethings not right, but the vet will collect her urine next time we go in directly from her bladder but he didnt seem too concerned to get her in right away... has anyone else had this issue with their bully?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry I have no experience with this but maybe possible the WBC is from crystals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

snickle

Jan 31, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
They said 25-30. Last time it was over 50 so she went on antibiotics. But this most recent urine sample was two weeks after she finished antibiotics.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sorry, i also have no experience.... hope she is OK. please keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.