Hot Spots

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
He's a really nice lookin boy! Definately NOT overweight I don't think. He is just right. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 60
OP
Sandman1200

Sandman1200

May 19, 2010
Out in the Boonies in North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Heffner the "TANK"
Thanks Bullpapa DeLano..... i think he looks good....but i do like to get other bully owners opinions on it...like i said, everyone thinks he is soooo fat, and i just dont see it... they see the width and they think fat... that just dont understand the brute muscle...and the gentleness of a newborn fawn!

emangan

May 21, 2010
Good morning am new to sight loving it. I have to say to your hotspots my old guy had lots of trips to my vet he referred us to dog dermatologist. I even tried the prescription dog food and raw food. In that the dermatologist did test and found out it was not food allergy he is alergic to sooooo many other things cats yes cats good thing we don't own any the list goes on to cigarettes and dust and on and on.In that he is on weekly injections and doing great . Before i would have any major surgery that may not be necessary as well as harmful i would get another opinion.Good luck.

Bryn12

May 23, 2010
I would definitely look for a vet in you area that has alot of experience will bulldogs, I contacted an all bulldog rescue in my area and they referred be to their vet. Let me tell you that it saved me so much money and aggravation, like the vet says bulldogs are not like any other breed when it comes to health issues. I would definitely change the food to something that is grain free and that comes from one meat source, so that you can figure out what works for your dog the best. My dogs do the best on Acana pacifica 3 fish it’s rated a 5 star food. Also I use Zymox cream on the hotspots and it clears it up over night if you catch them early, you can order it on entirelypets.com for less than 10 dollars. Good luck :)

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpg
    IMG_4310.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 68

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
Does anyone have a home remedy for hotspots? Big Mac is on Fromm 4 star but is getting a few spots on his cheeks. I am not sure if it is from playing with Snooki and if she is just biting him this hard or if I might be dealing with a hotspot soon.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i would never take such drastic action wether the vet said to or not,all you can do is eliminate ,foods,supplements,items your dog gets contact with,ive never heard of a vet suggesting cutting rolls of a dog due to hotspots,firstly id try and cover his neck with something to stop secondary infection setting in,then start eliminating,ive had to do this with my dog,firstly i put her on canine purify to detox her liver,i also raw feed her,i know its not for everyone but at least i know what shes eating,she also wears a tshirt to combat secondary infections from scratching,last friday i fed her mackrel and within 10 mins she was going mad scratching as i had taken her tshirt off by the time i went back into the room she was raw and bloodied,i thought she was allergic to the carpets but im thinking fish as i give her omega fish oil daily and raw fish weekly,i have now cut out all fish products so replace omega im ordering emu oil,shes as fit as a butchers dog 12 months old and weighs in at 60lb but getting a bit flabby so am cutting her back
061.jpg
as you can see ,shes been on raw 12 weeks and doing brill,i hope you get sorted whichever way you go,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.