christine1717

Feb 6, 2015
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Trevor
I rescued a lovely deaf bulldog about 7 months ago named Trevor. He is now just over a year old.

A couple of weeks ago he developed Cherry Eye. It got progressively worse. I found through this site a great vet who is reasonably priced but about a 2 hour drive away to do the surgery.

I went to my regular vet and he gave me 2 types of drops. It has really helped and it has gone down about 95%.

My question then is... Should I still get the surgery?

The appt is tomorrow morning. Or should I leave it. I have booked off 15 hours for the 2 plus hours plus wait time for him in the surgery.

He had Cherry Eye once before and it went away but took a while. This time it was really bad.

Will it just come back when I run out of the drops.

Can they still perform the surgery if it looks pretty good or is it even a good idea...

All thoughts welcomed.
:rolleyes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would go by whatever the vet who was going to perform the surgery says, maybe you could call and let them know what happened and see what they say. I hope everything works out for Trevor, please keep us posted.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Christine, has Trevor been spayed yet? The reason I'm asking us because my female Blossom developed Cherry eye in her right eye when she was 5 months old, and at first we were able to massage it back in, but after a while it would pop out again, especially after play or exercise. We waited until she was 7 months old and had her spayed and her eye fixed at the same time, to avoid having to put her under anesthetic twice. Unfortunately a week later her other eye developed cherry eye and she had surgery again a month later to fix the second eye. It is quite common for one eye to come out first and then the second eye to come out later. I used over the counter Refresh eye drops from the drug store to help keep her eye from drying out while we waited for the surgery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online