Vomiting, but not all the time

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I've been on EBN for over two years now, so I think I am somewhat knowledgeable in the breed, Tucker seems to throw up at different times and not all the time. I am trying to see if there are anything that is consistent. He is on TOTW, I do change proteins and do a slow transition. I have given the hub strict orders not to snack feed, but I must say the hub does share everything he eats with the dog. It's about twice a week and not both on the same day, one can be bkft and a cpl days later dinner, any suggestions? Thanks for input[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What TOTW do you feed? Is it always after a meal that he vomits?

OP
luvmytuker

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I change the proteins, slow transition, so I just changed to Duck, but it happens with all of them. I had a long talk with hubby about the extra snacks, so hopefully he gets it.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
It might be because he's hungry, Lola would throw up in the middle of the night (1am) if we fed her dinner at 4pm. Since we feed raw, the food only lasts about 4-5 hours in her tummy, thus by 1am she'd be on empty and throw up bile. We changed her dinner time to 6pm with better results. We also noticed that if the raw patties were thawed, she'd gulp them down and eat so quickly, and would throw up about 80% of the time, sometimes a few hours later. We switched to a raw patty that was in kibble shapes and she eats it straight out of the freezer but much slower since she has to chew. In general, eating fast for Lola causes regurgitation (not vomiting), and I'm thinking this may have something to do with her palate surgery, maybe leaving her esophagus muscles in less than perfect working order. If food doesn't make it down to the stomach in time, it can cause regurgitation. Placing food bowls up off the floor can help (gravity) as well.

OP
luvmytuker

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
[MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] Thanks I will try it, can't hurt! Thx

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You can try feeding Tucker several times a day rather than twice a day, but still keep the total amount the same. Maybe he needs to eat smaller meals throughout the day vs. two big meals.

OP
luvmytuker

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] Thanks I shall give that a try as well!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Best thing for this is rice cakes one just before bed time like every other night, try it for a week and see if it stops completely.

OP
luvmytuker

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] I'm assuming just plain flavored

OP
luvmytuker

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Ok so I raised the bowl, fed smaller amounts throughout the day and tonight Tucker will get a rice cake! I will see how this goes for this week, thanks for all the suggestions!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.